Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I don't live in the desert. The heat doesn't go down at night.
    I lived in WV and NC -it's pretty humid in NC especially- for most of my life and still could take walks.

I'm just saying.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I lived in WV and NC -it's pretty humid in NC especially- for most of my life and still could take walks.

I'm just saying.
    You read the stats, that was on a good day.

I think lately where I live has been more humid than NC.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You read the stats, that was on a good day.

I think lately where I live has been more humid than NC.
    My old roommate and I used to walk around downtown Raleigh in the middle of the afternoon in the summer time when we didn't have a car.

I used to walk in Vegas when it was over 105 degrees.

I'm not saying that these things are pleasant, but certainly it can't be that bad at night.

The fact that you're making such an issue out of this makes me believe that your issue is psychological.

I mean, I feel REALLY BAD FOR YOU if this is related to some sort of condition, but in that case you really need to seek treatment.

MBTI
    ENFJ

My old roommate and I used to walk around downtown Raleigh in the middle of the afternoon in the summer time when we didn't have a car.

I used to walk in Vegas when it was over 105 degrees.

I'm not saying that these things are pleasant, but certainly it can't be that bad at night.

The fact that you're making such an issue out of this makes me believe that your issue is psychological.

I mean, I feel REALLY BAD FOR YOU if this is related to some sort of condition, but in that case you really need to seek treatment.
    Vegas in the summer is not bad. Vegas in the summer is nice.

I told my shrink how horrible my walks had been...

and she looked at me like I was crazy that I was walking so long in this weather. The middle of the night is different than the early morning or evening, when the heat index is still 100 degrees.

The heat helped me get sick in the first place.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Vegas in the summer is not bad. Vegas in the summer is nice.
    You're joking right? Vegas in mid-June sometimes through early October can get up to 120 degrees, which is heat beating down on your brain and cooking you basically once it gets over 110 or so...which is why people wear hats, carry umbrellas, or wet their head. I lived there for six years. 120 degrees isn't "nice" anywhere. That's why tourism to Las Vegas is at its LOWEST in the summer months.

However, it does become pleasant at night when it drops to 90 or so.

I told my shrink how horrible my walks had been...

and she looked at me like I was crazy that I was walking so long in this weather. The middle of the night is different than the early morning or evening, when the heat index is still 100 degrees.

The heat helped me get sick in the first place.
    Mornings in NC are dewy and cooler, take your walks then. I lived there for ten years....

MBTI
    ENFJ

You're joking right? Vegas in mid-June sometimes through early October can get up to 120 degrees, which is heat beating down on your brain and cooking you basically once it gets over 110 or so...which is why people wear hats, carry umbrellas, or wet their head. I lived there for six years. 120 degrees isn't "nice" anywhere. That's why tourism to Las Vegas is at its LOWEST in the summer months.

However, it does become pleasant at night when it drops to 90 or so.

Mornings in NC are dewy and cooler, take your walks then. I lived there for ten years....
    I don't know if I'm joking, August there was lovely for me....

I don't live in NC, remember.

A week without air conditioning made me very sick here. Maybe that was just me being stupid, though. No one else got sick. It's just me and my stupidness.

All this pain is just my body responding to all my fat, probably.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'm in agreement with Marm. I grew up in Bama and have been livin in NC for years. Ya think walking can suck here? Try spending a few years driving a black car with no A/C. The humidity is the roughest part. I could handle 120* in Iraq better than 98* in the South. The humidity sucks moisture out of your body. I'd also suggest taking walks in the early morning/late evening. Defintely not in the middle of the day. There may not be a huge temperature change, but even a couple of degrees can make a big difference. Its also makes a difference not havig the midday sun beating down on you.

Water intake is critical to avoid heat exhaustion/stroke. Drink plenty but try not to go over 1 quart an hour. You can actually over-hydrate and make yourself sick. Pay attention to your urine color when you go to the bathroom. It should be either clear or a very light yellow. If it starts getting darker, it means you're getting dehydrated and need to up your water intake.

I'd also suggest alternating water and gatorade. Gatorade restores electrolytes and helps your body make use of the water. Eating jello is good for this too. Hydrate the day before if you know you're going to be doing a lot of physical activity. Don't drink water that's too cold if you need to hydrate quickly. Body doesn't process water until it matches body temp. Luke-warm to slighty cool water gets processed into your system much faster than really cold water.

Good Luck!
    "People in glass houses shouldn't use Windex when living near bird sanctuaries."- myself

"We are never alone my friend. We are constantly in the company of victories, losses, strengths and weaknesses. Make no mistake, life is war...and war is hell. Those who fight the hardest will suffer the most...but that's what you have to do: Fight. As long as you're feeling pain, then there's hope...because only the dead do not suffer." -RD Metcalf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_400 View Post
    I'm in agreement with Marm. I grew up in Bama and have been livin in NC for years. Ya think walking can suck here? Try spending a few years driving a black car with no A/C. The humidity is the roughest part. I could handle 120* in Iraq better than 98* in the South. The humidity sucks moisture out of your body. I'd also suggest taking walks in the early morning/late evening. Defintely not in the middle of the day. There may not be a huge temperature change, but even a couple of degrees can make a big difference. Its also makes a difference not havig the midday sun beating down on you.
    This is exactly what I've been doing.

It's like the South here only more volatile. You get good days sometimes like yesterday.

Not that this, you know, matters. Back pain and all.

I'll be moving to Minneapolis in the Fall...

MBTI
    ENFJ

2 miles

36.5 minutes

180 bpm

And that was in a cold basement, and I'm still sweating like the pig I am, and that doesn't matter, it doesn't matter at all, I could have sprinted 20 miles, I could eat everything I wanted and not gain any weight, because you see, weakness and disease are all in the head, the body has no effect on the body, these are two entirely separate entities, only the mind has an effect on the body, that's it, any sickness is entirely my own fault and if I didn't just try to heal it and keep going it would go away because it doesn't need to heal because it's just imaginary and I'm only ever sick because I'm a sinner, sinner, sinner...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Your heart rate seems awful high for just walking. I mean, you aren't running?

Are you having panic attacks or something?

Or are you in that much physical pain?