• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Posture

gromit

likes this
I've decided one of my summer goals is better posture. I sort of slouch a little bit, particularly from sitting at a desk most of the day.

Here is my plan:

• Strengthen core muscles (lower back, abdominals, etc.)
  • Strengthen shoulders/neck/upper arms
  • Develop leg flexibility... I think i want to be able to do splits again

Any other suggestions?

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I have excellent posture, most likely because for many years of my early life I worked in a Chinese restaurant where you got (lightly) slapped for bad posture. But If you don't want to go through that, which in retrospect is pretty funny to me, you can try never using the backs of chairs when you sit down. Just be mindful not to slouch forward.

Working your core will certainly help with posture, yoga will help as well, it will help you focus on how you carry yourself in general, flexibility, and posture.