First 567

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Red October View Post
    You're agreeing with the study. They say regular coffee users have become numbed to it, and now the only affect they get is that it quells their withdrawal symptoms that were induced overnight. Most notably, headaches.

I agree with the study. I never felt more energized by coffee, and since increasing caffeine intake I wake up everyday with a headache.
    I drink 3 coffees a day, however I never get headaches (unless it's an extremely hot and humid day)...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Banned
    MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm drinking coffee right now.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

No coffee for me! I tend to only drink water and tea. My boss makes fun of me because the only coffee I drink is iced coffee.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Well if you're looking for a buzz maybe not but it still tastes great and is a welcome part of my morning routine

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    It was terrible, just terrible. I had skipped lunch, drank HALF a mochaccino and I was out of it, for the rest of the day and night.

At first, I felt like the king of the world. Creative, sharp, fast, insanely happy and giddy and just, on top of everything!

I normally talk pretty much anyways, and am pretty loudly when I get excited. The coffee version of me, though, not pretty. Everything times 10 and I had very little control over it. Totally uninhibited.

Then came the crash. I lost complete connection to my physical being, I had no muscular control over my extremities. I felt like a floating head. Sweating, shaking, had the stare going, paranoid, heart palpation, nausea and eventually fainted when I tried to fight it and stand up.

Went to the ER, as I had no idea what was happening. Hehe, doctors were like, yeah... go home.

To this day, I'm wondering if the coffee guy put speed in my coffee...
    In addition to the accompanying digestive intolerance, THIS is why I don't do coffee. I HATE THE HIGH (feels like an LSD trip of sorts). And DETEST the crash.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Coffee morning, midday, and sometimes night. I love the flavor of it, and it loves me. I generally drink black coffee.

The only problem is if I have too much I start shaking uncontrollably, and get really hyped up.

I don't drink it for alertness. I drink it because it is tasty. And gives me more energy. Sometimes, though, I will get a headache from a lack of caffeine. Only sometimes.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Morning addict here. Must have two cups.

First cup jumps my brain from dead thing to a fuzzy state. The second cup is sipped slowly for enjoyment and helps to move from fuzzy to slug state.