Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    coffee at night? that can't possibly be why you only get 3-5 hours a night? no way!
    Nope nothing to do with it, i can drink coffee falling asleep and i still sleep. I tend to go through phases of not sleeping much for a few months or so then a lot for a few weeks or so, nothing to do with coffee, my coffee intake has remained pretty steady for many years although my sleep varies a great deal.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTJ

I agree.

I have coffee every single morning. Yet I, unlike my fellow coffee drinking comrades, do not feel any different from drinking coffee. I have never felt anymore awake, I do it because I enjoy the taste.

This is absolutely remarkable as well. Every morning I wake up with a dull headache that disappears as the day goes on. I speculated a year ago it may have been my increase in coffee. It all makes sense now.

If the knowledge in this study becomes widespread, one of my favorite activities won't be as thrilling. When I'm traveling with people and have to wake up early, I love drinking a cup of coffee in front of everyone and then falling back asleep within in the next 10 minutes. It amazes people that I can sleep immediately after drinking coffee.

I have always doubted that caffeine makes people more away. Just as I always told idiot kids that drink mountain dew "BECAUSE IT MAKES ME GO CRAZY WITH ENERGY", that its all in their shit filled brains. I'm glad I'm right.

I just realized I'm screwed. Not only am I still drinking at least 1 cup of coffee a day, I've been drinking tea a lot as well. I'm drinking an Arnold Palmer as I type.

MBTI
    GONE

Caffeine is absolutely a stimulant and has an effect on you, I think people who drink coffee regularly have become numbed to the effects or just don't notice the effects but if you go cold turkey for a few months and then drink an expresso in the morning, I would be REALLY surprised if you didn't get an energy kick.

I drink coffee for the energy kick. It's best to drink a little bit of coffee throughout the day to sustain the kick rather than bombing your system with loads of caffeine at once - you will crash.

Also, hot coffee + pastry = heavenly. Great way to wake up in the morning!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

i've been drinking too much tonight

MBTI
    INTP

Inclusion of a complementary party does not bring about the medial sum.
    It only excludes it.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    The college boys made an error in the first clause.
    Subject is the agent in any dichotomy. It is never the object.
    Read Aristotle. Or Krishnamurti.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Inclusion of a complementary party does not bring about the medial sum.
    It only excludes it.
    What you said must be really, really smart because I'm not following you and I'm starting to take it personally.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Caffeine is absolutely a stimulant and has an effect on you, I think people who drink coffee regularly have become numbed to the effects or just don't notice the effects but if you go cold turkey for a few months and then drink an espresso in the morning, I would be REALLY surprised if you didn't get an energy kick.
    You're agreeing with the study. They say regular coffee users have become numbed to it, and now the only affect they get is that it quells their withdrawal symptoms that were induced overnight. Most notably, headaches.

I agree with the study. I never felt more energized by coffee, and since increasing caffeine intake I wake up everyday with a headache.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Caffeine is absolutely a stimulant and has an effect on you, I think people who drink coffee regularly have become numbed to the effects or just don't notice the effects but if you go cold turkey for a few months and then drink an expresso in the morning, I would be REALLY surprised if you didn't get an energy kick.

I drink coffee for the energy kick. It's best to drink a little bit of coffee throughout the day to sustain the kick rather than bombing your system with loads of caffeine at once - you will crash.

Also, hot coffee + pastry = heavenly. Great way to wake up in the morning!
    I'm sensitive to caffiene, also i find that i've cut back and then i had a 20 oz red bull and a cup of coffee last night and i was otherwordly. (not in a good way)
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

I drink coffee every morning. That's so great! It makes me conscious all daY!

i gave up coffee when i was 22.
    now i drink less that 5 cups a year.