User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

There is something ritualistic about coffee.
    I think that is what I enjoy most about it.

There is also something soothing about drinking hot drinks.
    I have a coffee in the morning most days.. but it's after work or early evening that I enjoy coffee most.. I also have an addiction to nesacfe instant cappuccino and will drink those through out the evening, It actually helps me sleep most times.

I am not a big drinker of booze.. so coffee replaces the beer for social meetings as well.

I typically consume around 800-1000mgs caffeine/day. Iced coffee is my preferred means of ingestion, but I also do caffeine tablets, iced tea, Diet Mt. Dew, Diet Coke, VPX Meltdown, etc.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I drink one cup of coffee in the AM as a matter of tradition.
    It tastes good with eggs, toast, and fruit (to me anyway).

Other things I have noticed about caffeine consumption:

(1) All stimulants have a laxative effect, once you consume them be close to a restroom!

(2) Many doctors will add caffeine to their patient's IV fluids if the patient has been admitted for inpatient care, in order to avoid withdrawal.

(3) The thermogenic effect of caffeine has long been touted by fitness fanatics, who have for years used the "ECA Stack" (2 tablets caffeine, 2 tablets ephedrine, 1 tablet aspirin) as an energy + thermogenic/weight loss/fat burning tool. This shit will get you moving, it made me feel tacycardic in all honesty. It was a little much for me to handle, and I have a prescription for Adderall.

(4) Coffee stains your teeth! I bought a $100 teeth bleaching kit from my dentist (molds + Rx whitening paste) and after three uses my teeth looked like I was 20 years old, instead of a 36 year old techie/beauracrat who has drank coffee for 16 years.

(5) You will get headaches from caffeine withdrawal. I used to drink it alot more when I was younger, and had 2 young kids (both under age 4) and 3 jobs and no sleep.

(6) Caffeine raises my blood pressure. If I stop drinking even my 1 cup in the AM my blood pressure will drop from 120/80 to 115/75.

That is all.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    I typically consume around 800-1000mgs caffeine/day. Iced coffee is my preferred means of ingestion, but I also do caffeine tablets, iced tea, Diet Mt. Dew, Diet Coke, VPX Meltdown, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    (1) All stimulants have a laxative effect, once you consume them be close to a restroom!
    Fecal...

(6) Caffeine raises my blood pressure.
    McAngry!

Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post

Fecal...

McAngry!

BWAHHH!!!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ----

one per day. i buy a flat white every workday morning on my way to the office. there is a great italian cafe near my building that employs attractive male baristos that have on trend haircuts and wear smart white aprons. they also remember my order and the coffee is never bitter.

flat white is an aussie term i think = espresso with milk, no froth. no sugar please.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post

So THAT'S how you INFPs stay so damn PERKY all day (and get bitchy as HELL at night.)
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    yupp

i use to consume more, but now some days i don't drink any coffee today i had two cups total. but I usually drink about 1 in the morning and then one in the evening. I think I've been drinking less this month cuz I'm low on cash and trying to save money where I can, and one of the things i didn't buy was creamer so I've been drinking it black.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I drink coffee from the time i wake up to the time i go to sleep. Typically i will only have 2-3 cups or real coffee (ground) then 8-10 cups of instant.
    However i can drink real coffee in bed at night and go to sleep very easily. I do find it helps wake me up in the morning, especially as i seem to only sleep for 3-5 hours a night.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    yupp

coffee at night? that can't possibly be why you only get 3-5 hours a night? no way!
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so