User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Cycling

  1. #1
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default Cycling

    For the cyclists of the forum, what are the things that you enjoy most about cycling?

  2. #2
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    I like that it is free and you can reach further places than walking and I like going down hills where I don't have to pedal.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  3. #3
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I like that it is free and you can reach further places than walking and I like going down hills where I don't have to pedal.
    lol very practical.

  4. #4
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Are you thinking of starting up cycling? It's really great. You can go from place to place AND get exercise at the same time.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  5. #5
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Are you thinking of starting up cycling? It's really great. You can go from place to place AND get exercise at the same time.
    lol, I know, right? Why everyone wouldn't do it is beyond me.

    (Yes I have taken it up )

  6. #6
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    Road biking? Commuting? Mtb? What kind are you doing?

    I started road biking about 5 years ago. I love it, and I love to tinker with the bike.

  7. #7
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Let's see. I love the raw feeling of speed, knowing that it's being originated by your own body rather than a mechanical engine. I love the feeling of topping a mountain / mountain pass - while I can also hike up, cycling is much faster. I also love how you can quickly get out of the city and enjoy nature & countryside / mountains / lakes - not such an easy feat with, say, running - since you'd still have to drive out of town. Last but not least, I also like its competitive side (I used to compete up to professional level, I stopped 2 years ago), with moderation - leaving behind all your opponents during a hard climb can make you feel great.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  8. #8
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Let's see. I love the raw feeling of speed, knowing that it's being originated by your own body rather than a mechanical engine. I love the feeling of topping a mountain / mountain pass - while I can also hike up, cycling is much faster. I also love how you can quickly get out of the city and enjoy nature & countryside / mountains / lakes - not such an easy feat with, say, running - since you'd still have to drive out of town. Last but not least, I also like its competitive side (I used to compete up to professional level, I stopped 2 years ago), with moderation - leaving behind all your opponents during a hard climb can make you feel great.

  9. #9
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Road biking? Commuting? Mtb? What kind are you doing?

    I started road biking about 5 years ago. I love it, and I love to tinker with the bike.
    Istp?

    for me, road and mtb. I may start commuting in a few months.

  10. #10
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,123

    Default

    it's my main mode of transportation at the moment... I like the feel of the wind on my face and the fact that I can take shortcuts that those in vehicles can't!

    I also like not having to pay for gas for it and not having to deal with traffic jams!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] enfp cycle
    By Rachelinpa in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-20-2010, 08:30 PM
  2. [E4] 4 and envy: Breaking the cycle
    By run in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 12:14 AM
  3. The Cycle of Intuition
    By fill in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 11:26 PM
  4. Housing collapse, economic cycles, capitalism
    By Risen in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 01:59 PM
  5. Infinite Cycles of Questioning
    By Eldanen in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 05:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO