• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cycling

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For the cyclists of the forum, what are the things that you enjoy most about cycling?

gromit

likes this
I like that it is free and you can reach further places than walking and I like going down hills where I don't have to pedal. :)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like that it is free and you can reach further places than walking and I like going down hills where I don't have to pedal. :)

lol very practical.

gromit

likes this
Are you thinking of starting up cycling? It's really great. You can go from place to place AND get exercise at the same time. :D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you thinking of starting up cycling? It's really great. You can go from place to place AND get exercise at the same time. :D

lol, I know, right? Why everyone wouldn't do it is beyond me.

(Yes I have taken it up :))

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Road biking? Commuting? Mtb? What kind are you doing?

I started road biking about 5 years ago. I love it, and I love to tinker with the bike.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Let's see. I love the raw feeling of speed, knowing that it's being originated by your own body rather than a mechanical engine. I love the feeling of topping a mountain / mountain pass - while I can also hike up, cycling is much faster. I also love how you can quickly get out of the city and enjoy nature & countryside / mountains / lakes - not such an easy feat with, say, running - since you'd still have to drive out of town. Last but not least, I also like its competitive side (I used to compete up to professional level, I stopped 2 years ago), with moderation - leaving behind all your opponents during a hard climb can make you feel great.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let's see. I love the raw feeling of speed, knowing that it's being originated by your own body rather than a mechanical engine. I love the feeling of topping a mountain / mountain pass - while I can also hike up, cycling is much faster. I also love how you can quickly get out of the city and enjoy nature & countryside / mountains / lakes - not such an easy feat with, say, running - since you'd still have to drive out of town. Last but not least, I also like its competitive side (I used to compete up to professional level, I stopped 2 years ago), with moderation - leaving behind all your opponents during a hard climb can make you feel great.

:wubbie:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Road biking? Commuting? Mtb? What kind are you doing?

I started road biking about 5 years ago. I love it, and I love to tinker with the bike.

Istp?

for me, road and mtb. I may start commuting in a few months.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it's my main mode of transportation at the moment... I like the feel of the wind on my face and the fact that I can take shortcuts that those in vehicles can't! :devil:

I also like not having to pay for gas for it and not having to deal with traffic jams! :wubbie:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
it's my main mode of transportation at the moment... I like the feel of the wind on my face and the fact that I can take shortcuts that those in vehicles can't! :devil:

I also like not having to pay for gas for it and not having to deal with traffic jams! :wubbie:

Hahaha I love you! Guess what? I just learned that you can get a DUI on a bike for drinking and riding a bicycle and it's treated just like when you drink and drive!! Lame.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
wow... how ARE you supposed to get around when drinking?!? :shock:

that's just plain EVIL in a town with a terrible public transportation system! :cry:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
wow... how ARE you supposed to get around when drinking?!? :shock:

that's just plain EVIL in a town with a terrible public transportation system! :cry:

Exactly and where I live in the wine country they give wine tasting tours on bikes!!!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
oh no!!! I know certain areas here where cops would just line up on the tour route to breathalize and arrest people! :horor:

I'm starting to think that the cops are alligned with the taxi industry :thelook:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
oh no!!! I know certain areas here where cops would just line up on the tour route to breathalize and arrest people! :horor:

I'm starting to think that the cops are alligned with the taxi industry :thelook:

Maybe we should devise a master plan to send poor unsuspecting wine tasting bikers into the hands of breathalizing nazi police for a small fee. :devil:

Also, I bet drunk cyclers are funny. lol

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*whatever recalls trying to ride her bicycle with the kickstand down once in college after a party*

:blush:

for a good enough kickback that could line our pockets AND fulfill any evilness that needs an outlet! :holy:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*whatever recalls trying to ride her bicycle with the kickstand down once in college after a party*

:blush:

for a good enough kickback that could line our pockets AND fulfill any evilness that needs an outlet! :holy:

I am curious about something. Are ESTPs at all choosy about the people who talk them into doing crazy things?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it depends on how much alcohol has been consumed :ninja:

if we're sober it depends on the person or the level of fun that the proposed idea seems to offer :laugh:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's great Giggly. MTB is fun, challenging and awesome :) The best thing is there are trails for every level of experience. I have a road bike too. I cycle 35-40 miles when I have the time but mainly now it's down to 15 miles.

I like pushing myself. Pushing past pain or beating your best time. I like the fact that cycling allows you to compete against yourself and when you do that you strengthen yourself mentally. Basically, that physical toughness can translate to other aspects of your life. You can channel it.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
If I go to Seattle, I'm going to take up biking for a cheap means of getting around.