User Tag List

Default Weight gain despite exercise

Last mind I exercise with a set of weights, and have noticed that the more I do these exercises more weight, the truth is that I do it for free, I mean that I have no idea of the exercises I abide by the instructions of the manufacturer, is up two kilos normal even though then I dedicate an hour to walk and run
    thanks
    ps: I make normal diet, before that I kept my weight

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

muscle weight?

Phantonym

How long have you been exercising? You may be overdoing it if you're just starting out.

Weight isn't much of an indicator. It doesn't necessarily mean that you're doing something wrong. You could be retaining water. Start measuring your body from different spots. If you're losing fat, then the measurements should be going down even though the weight doesn't. Muscle takes up less space.

Look over your diet, you may be eating more without noticing. Write it down. Or you're not eating enough and your body slows down the metabolism and you're not losing fat.

Or it could also mean that your body needs some time to adjust to the exercise and instead of losing weight you gain it. Give it some time and see whether there are any changes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

If you just started i bet it is muscle gain... when i started two years ago, i gained weight quickly - not fat, but muscles.
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

If you've just started out or if you're doing something new, then it's common for muscles to retain fluid, and this can increase you're weight by a few pounds. It's part of the healing process, and it doesn't mean you've gained fat or muscle.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Your bodyweight is somewhat of an illusion.

What is more important than the number of pounds/kilos of your bodyweight is the composition of your tissue, and how healthy you are.

An easy check and balance on your overall progress is to try on clothes from a year or two ago. Do they still fit? If yes, great! If no, then hit the treaedmill, clean-up your diet, drink lots of water, and you'll be back in them in no time at all.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Muscle gain. It's good, especially with lifting weights, because that burns fat faster, if that's your target.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Lifting weights will add weight, because muscle weighs more than fat.

If your goal is weight loss, focus on cardio work (running, biking, swimming) and cut your caloric intake.

It is very difficult to lose fat and add muscle simultaneously - one requires calorie deficit, the other a surplus. Do one, then the other.