User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    Hygiene falls under health yes?

I'm curious how often you wash your shirts and pants (or dresses), assuming just normal indoors wear with no spills and such. I sort of assume that socks and undergarments get a single use.

My personal upbringing is that shirts get one day while pants are a bit more vague and just get thrown in whenever I do laundry.
    I really value my clothes so I don't throw them into the wash with 1 wear. Not even 2 wears. Unless I am sweating excessively or have been around a lot of smoke etc. 'normal wear' for me is pretty easy wear.

From experience, washing takes an immediate toll on clothing, fading color, shrinking clothes, making things look shabby...I also have a large number of clothes that are delicate, beaded, sequined, etc. Cotton shirts and work out clothes I'm more likely to throw into the washer because it can take the beating.

Oh man...thinking about it, I should really dry clean more of my clothes but I'll invest in that Dryel (at home) stuff.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

do you all..

a) own a lot of clothes?
    b) have very convenient washing/drying facilities?
    c) have strong body odor?
    d) have very high standards?
    e) have hired help?

i'm onlf half kidding..
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by burymecloser View Post
    Basically the same as above, though shirts often get two wears.

The real question is, how often do you change the bedsheets? What about towels?
    Bedsheets about once a week.

Towels get one day, which can be one or two showers, depending if I do workouts in the evening or not.

Quote Originally Posted by demimondaine View Post
    do you all..

a) own a lot of clothes?
    b) have very convenient washing/drying facilities?
    c) have strong body odor?
    d) have very high standards?
    e) have hired help?

i'm onlf half kidding..
    My habits are more or less owing to my upbringing. Used fabrics went into the hamper after a single use, except jeans and bedsheets.

I started this thread because I noticed, as Cze mentioned, that my clothing seems to fade and wear quickly despite not being hard on them at all. Maybe I wash my shirts too often. Or maybe I just need a lot more shirts.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    I started this thread because I noticed, as Cze mentioned, that my clothing seems to fade and wear quickly despite not being hard on them at all. Maybe I wash my shirts too often. Or maybe I just need a lot more shirts.
    Yes to both! LOL.

I think it's a conspiracy between clothing manufacturers and detergent companies so that people keep buying both.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4/9

For me, as the typical college bum...as little as possible! I know that might gross some of you out, but I don't really have a lot of body odor (I don't wear deo). For my clothes to stink, I would have to profusely sweat in them, throw them in a dark corner and let them ferment. No lie, one time after a wrestling match my socks smelled like honey (my teammates agreed with me). Underwear and socks (when I wear socks) are usually a one time deal, though.

I'm also somewhat of a self-proclaimed hippie, so I don't like to waste the water.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I tend to get my clothes visibly dirty whenever I wear them (I ride my bicycle everywhere) so I HAVE to wash them most of the time
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Coming from a poor background, it was very important to me to look as nice as possible, which meant keeping clothes clean while not wearing them out ( as I couldn't afford to replace nice things ). So, that meant a lot of attention on how I washed my clothes ( meaning inside out, cold water, possibly no dryer), and making sure that I kept them clean while using the gentlest detergent I could find.

As a result, I still have things from 15 years ago. I don't think it's reasonable for most people to be so fastidious with their clothes, but I just can't stand wearing things twice without washing them.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Generally, I don't wear a set of clothes I didn't wash, and three days is about the longest I'll wear one set of clothes, but two days is more common.

So, I wash my clothes every time I need to take a shower and realize that I don't have clean clothes left. Given the number of pairs of underwear I have, that amounts to about every two and a half weeks.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I wash my shirts after 1 or 2 times of wearing them. Usually one, but if I only wore it for a few hours in the evening, I'll wear it again before washing.

I wash my jeans like once per 4 times I wear them, unless I wear them in a smoky bar or get some food on them.

Bras I wear for like 2 weeks before washing them. Hopefully that's not too gross. I guess I wash them more in the summer when I get really sweaty.

Socks and panties--the usual wash:wear 1:1 ratio.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Shirts are usually 1-2 wears, depending on how long & where I wore them.
    Shorts & skirts are about 2-3 wears.
    Dresses - 1-2 wears, depending on the dress.
    Jeans - around 4 wears.
    Bras - 3-4 wears each.
    Anything that has to be dry cleaned - as long as I can get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by burymecloser View Post
    The real question is, how often do you change the bedsheets? What about towels?
    I change my sheets every week. I change my bath towel about once a week which is 4 showers or so (I don't shower everyday, more like every other day - I'm one of those "dirty" NFPs . Really, I just don't do much to get "dirty".). I used to use a new towel every other shower, but it's too much laundry.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    Coming from a poor background, it was very important to me to look as nice as possible, which meant keeping clothes clean while not wearing them out ( as I couldn't afford to replace nice things ). So, that meant a lot of attention on how I washed my clothes ( meaning inside out, cold water, possibly no dryer), and making sure that I kept them clean while using the gentlest detergent I could find.

As a result, I still have things from 15 years ago. I don't think it's reasonable for most people to be so fastidious with their clothes, but I just can't stand wearing things twice without washing them.
    My family struggled financially growing up, and I too became fastidious about how my clothes were washed, because if something got ruined or worn out too fast, that was it - it was gone & usually not replaced. I only recently got rid of (as in donated, because they were still in decent shape) clothes from as far back as 8th grade (12 years ago), mainly because I have TOO many clothes now .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe