User Tag List

123 Last

Default food diary works for me

For about 2 weeks now i have keeping a food diary, i lost 6 lbs aready and can fit back in to my old dresses! I track the date, time, calories, and food I eat, i am averaging about 1200 calories daily. 8 more pounds to go and Im back to the weight I was in my early 20's! Yippy!

Phantonym

Congrats! Writing down everything I eat works for me as well.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I've been doing this using the 'livestrong' iphone app. Anytime I eat or exercise I look up the item and say 'i ate this' or 'i did this' and it keeps track of how many calories i have left for the day. Just tracking it has changed my behavior. Lost 3 lbs the first week. wheeee!

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I'm going to start doing this I reckon since I hear you guys raving about it, how do you know calories and stuff? I'm just going to start and record stuff I eat for two weeks at least.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I've been doing this using the 'livestrong' iphone app. Anytime I eat or exercise I look up the item and say 'i ate this' or 'i did this' and it keeps track of how many calories i have left for the day. Just tracking it has changed my behavior. Lost 3 lbs the first week. wheeee!
    That's a good site. Not doing it right now, but I liked it when I did.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm going to start doing this I reckon since I hear you guys raving about it, how do you know calories and stuff? I'm just going to start and record stuff I eat for two weeks at least.
    You can find out calories by looking at the nutrition information on the food packaging, if there isnt any you can easily find calories online .

NOTE: Every 3,500 calories you eat is equivalent to one pound.

So, if you cut back 500 calories a day, you should lose about one pound per week.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    In my case, I use the livestrong iphone app and so far it has had everything I have eaten already in the database. You don't have to have a phone to use it. You can do it all online at MyPlate - Food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM

MBTI
    yupp

i bet if i made a food diary it would be how the hell are you still alive?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

The weird thing is, I don't eat bad stuff as much because I'm embarrassed to put it in the diary. No joke.

Totally me too Dont want it to look bad haha, Its psychological. It also helped me to keep a consistant eating schedule. Im 2 pounds away from losing what I call "having a boyfriend and being to comfortable fat". I gained 15 lbs with my current boyfriend. Plus 15 lbs from my ex boyfriend (havnt lost that yet) LAME! My goal is to get rid of all the extra pounds by August.