• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

food diary works for me

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
The livestrong.com website makes it probably as easy as it can be. You probably will have to really pay attention to the measurements but it makes it so that you can enter things in 1/4 or 1/2 or whatever of the amount it says is a 'serving'. So you could enter .25 servings or 5.75 servings or whatever. It might not be exact but it should get pretty close.

Sorry to hear that being active is painful. :( Obviously I am not familiar with your particular issue but maybe you just haven't found "your thing" yet?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The livestrong.com website makes it probably as easy as it can be. You probably will have to really pay attention to the measurements but it makes it so that you can enter things in 1/4 or 1/2 or whatever of the amount it says is a 'serving'. So you could enter .25 servings or 5.75 servings or whatever. It might not be exact but it should get pretty close.

Sorry to hear that being active is painful. :( Obviously I am not familiar with your particular issue but maybe you just haven't found "your thing" yet?

My "thing" is probably depression, and even that is being generous.

I mean, if you go to a restaurant, and you take off the bun, and you eat half, and then you eat a quarter of a half, and you take out the grapes, and you leave a bunch at the bottom of the bowl, or you throw out the last bit because it was sour, or you don't eat the last bit because it was too sticky, or you take a sliver more because it was really good, or you don't add the spinach, or you use chicken broth instead of water, or you use half chicken broth and half water, it starts to get really, really complicated.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not active because being active is too painful.

I haven't kept a food diary yet. I've been thinking about it but it's extremely difficult for me to keep track of calories because I always end up eating "nonstandard" measures.

You dont have to be totally on point :) I ball park it with the amounts and calories sometimes. Even that keeps me in check with what I eat and how much I eat. If you need support we should be weight loss buddies! I hate excercize too...thats why Im going the low calorie rout at the moment. Do you have health insurance? If so talk to a nutritionist!!! If not theres tons of research you can do online :).

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You dont have to be totally on point :) I ball park it with the amounts and calories sometimes. Even that keeps me in check with what I eat and how much I eat. If you need support we should be weight loss buddies! I hate excercize too...thats why Im going the low calorie rout at the moment. Do you have health insurance? If so talk to a nutritionist!!! If not theres tons of research you can do online :).

I have health insurance but it's getting used a lot already between the doctors and the shrinks and the antibiotics.

How do you measure a burger without a bun, anyway?

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have health insurance but it's getting used a lot already between the doctors and the shrinks and the antibiotics.

How do you measure a burger without a bun, anyway?

So I went online (google) and typed in "Hamburger Bun Calories" 1 hamburger bun is 120 calories, so ball park it and deduct the bun from the calories of the hamburger. It doesnt have to be exact :).

So a Burger King Whopper is 670 calories total, if you dont eat the bun, minus 120 calories from 670, now your total calories equals 550 calories.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
So I went online (google) and typed in "Hamburger Bun Calories" 1 hamburger bun is 120 calories, so ball park it and deduct the bun from the calories of the hamburger. It doesnt have to be exact :).

So a Burger King Whopper is 670 calories total, if you dont eat the bun, minus 120 calories from 670, now your total calories equals 550 calories.

This was actually a decent burger, not a Burger King burger.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm not active because being active is too painful.

I haven't kept a food diary yet. I've been thinking about it but it's extremely difficult for me to keep track of calories because I always end up eating "nonstandard" measures.

Well, little Hap, you should try to keep track of calories, as you might notice some surprises.

This is essential to regulate a balanced diet. And a balanced diet is what you need, what everybody needs. But I have to acknowledge it's very difficult in the US (since food regulations aren't very strict), and way more easier anywhere else.

Always avoid junk food, at all costs. And this includes: burgers, pizzas, icecreams, chocolate, candies and most cakes. Anything that includes a lot of fat, a lot of salt and a lot of sugars (esp corn syrup).

It's not that difficult once you get the habit.

Do you like to cook? Pleasure is an essential component of a balanced diet, and taking the time to cook a balanced dish is like having your fate in your own hands. Cooking can be a real pleasure. And gardening as well, especially if you cook what you grow: there's an intense feeling of satisfaction associated with this simple practise.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Do you like to cook? Pleasure is an essential component of a balanced diet, and taking the time to cook a balanced dish is like having your fate in your own hands. Cooking can be a real pleasure. And gardening as well, especially if you cook what you grow: there's an intense feeling of satisfaction associated with this simple practise.

I love to cook, it's one of my favorite things.

I just haven't been up to it lately.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I love to cook, it's one of my favorite things.

It's a very good thing.

Always cooking your own food might be a clue to your issue.
And remember to always get some pleasure when you cook, it is essential: it should never become a burden.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
It's a very good thing.

Always cooking your own food might be a clue to your issue.
And remember to always get some pleasure when you cook, it is essential: it should never become a burden.

However, a lot of my cooking involves oil and frying :cheese:

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
However, a lot of my cooking involves oil and frying :cheese:

You like to make alot of excuses...stop with the negative attitude and JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!! Find a way, its possible ;). Good luck to ya <3

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's difficult when everything will kill you besides plain salad greens.

Plain salad greens can kill you too (E'Coli) lol...even the air we breath, sad. Amerrrrica F*ck Yeaaaah....

P.S. I still have pizza, and fast food, just not every day, and when I do I make sure that the rest of my meals are lower in calories. I try to stay withing 1200-1300 calories, if I go over one day I will deduct it from the next day.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Kix, 150 calories, + 1 caloriefree lemonade

then again it's hard to tell. It says 150 calories of kix is a measured amount of cereal plus a measured amount of milk, and I didn't measure the cereal or the milk and I'm definitely not one of those people who drinks the milk after she eats the cereal.