User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 109

  1. #81
    Post-Humorously stalemate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kymbirleigh View Post
    I'm using an app on the iPhone to figure out how much I should be getting a day to get to the weight I want. I think one of the apps actually broke down how to figure out the formula, but I can't remember it... And since I'm lazy I just let the app figure it out for me. It adjusts depending on how much weight I've lost.
    Yeah, same. Which app are you using? I started with 'Lost it' and quickly changed to 'livestrong.' Someone told me about another one yesterday but I can't remember it now.

  2. #82
    Senior Member Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    Yeah, same. Which app are you using? I started with 'Lost it' and quickly changed to 'livestrong.' Someone told me about another one yesterday but I can't remember it now.
    I'm currently using MyNetDiary, before that I was using Lose It, I think... I tried to find the livestrong one, but couldn't find it the other day for some reason.

    MyNetDiary is kinda nice because I can scan a barcode and it fills in the nutrition information from that. Most of the time at least.

  3. #83
    Post-Humorously stalemate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kymbirleigh View Post
    I'm currently using MyNetDiary, before that I was using Lose It, I think... I tried to find the livestrong one, but couldn't find it the other day for some reason.

    MyNetDiary is kinda nice because I can scan a barcode and it fills in the nutrition information from that. Most of the time at least.
    Oh that does sound nice!

  4. #84
    Senior Member Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    Oh that does sound nice!
    Lose It was lacking in the brand name department, whereas this one seems to list a lot more than that, so I'm not constantly inputting stats on my own... Though I seem to have about a 50% rate chance that the barcode will produce a result... Thankfully, I can usually find the item by looking up the brand name anyway. So it's still better than having to punch in all the info!

  5. #85
    Post-Humorously stalemate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kymbirleigh View Post
    Lose It was lacking in the brand name department, whereas this one seems to list a lot more than that, so I'm not constantly inputting stats on my own... Though I seem to have about a 50% rate chance that the barcode will produce a result... Thankfully, I can usually find the item by looking up the brand name anyway. So it's still better than having to punch in all the info!
    Yeah, I was constantly having to enter stuff in on my own with Lose It, which is why I went to livestrong. It has a huge database, most restaurants are even in there if they are the slightest bit of a chain at all. But it doesn't have the barcode stuff. I have to search based on the brand.

  6. #86
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Less than 1200, hap? Unless you're shorter than me (4'11-5'), that's insanely low. My doctor even gave me a serious talking to when I told her I eat 1000-1200 calories a day.

  7. #87
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    The lowest intake per day recommended for women is 1,200 calories, unless they are in a medically-supervised, very low-calorie regimen
    Below that, it can be harder to lose weight because your body knows it's starving and starts conserving energy - AND you risk malnutrition, particularly if some of those calories are from things like coke. And you'll feel like you have no energy, and exercising will be painful, making it harder to lose weight. And you might get really grumpy, too (I do).

    And if you're active or male, the lowest amount is higher than 1200.

    source: government website Tips for losing weight: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

    healthy eating >> restricted eating
    -end of thread-

  8. #88
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Less than 1200, hap? Unless you're shorter than me (4'11-5'), that's insanely low. My doctor even gave me a serious talking to when I told her I eat 1000-1200 calories a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Below that, it can be harder to lose weight because your body knows it's starving and starts conserving energy - AND you risk malnutrition, particularly if some of those calories are from things like coke. And you'll feel like you have no energy, and exercising will be painful, making it harder to lose weight. And you might get really grumpy, too (I do).

    And if you're active or male, the lowest amount is higher than 1200.

    source: government website Tips for losing weight: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

    healthy eating >> restricted eating
    I'm 5'4", neither active nor male, and actually I feel a lot better than before I started. Exercising has always been extremely painful for me, no matter what I eat, so this doesn't make a difference in the amount of pain I experience.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  9. #89
    THIS bitch stringstheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    1
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    932

    Default

    less than 1,000 a day, unless recommended by a doctor, is not healthy. period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)



  10. #90
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    I do not feel like I'm starving.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone want to answer some random Qs for me? :)
    By WobblyStilettos in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 10:39 PM
  2. You were meant for me : Jewel
    By Thursday in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 02:31 AM
  3. can someone please define Si for me?
    By Evan in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 12:26 AM
  4. Vote For Me! And Watch Me! Watch Me! Watch Me!
    By CzeCze in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 05:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO