User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

The livestrong.com website makes it probably as easy as it can be. You probably will have to really pay attention to the measurements but it makes it so that you can enter things in 1/4 or 1/2 or whatever of the amount it says is a 'serving'. So you could enter .25 servings or 5.75 servings or whatever. It might not be exact but it should get pretty close.

Sorry to hear that being active is painful. Obviously I am not familiar with your particular issue but maybe you just haven't found "your thing" yet?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    The livestrong.com website makes it probably as easy as it can be. You probably will have to really pay attention to the measurements but it makes it so that you can enter things in 1/4 or 1/2 or whatever of the amount it says is a 'serving'. So you could enter .25 servings or 5.75 servings or whatever. It might not be exact but it should get pretty close.

Sorry to hear that being active is painful. Obviously I am not familiar with your particular issue but maybe you just haven't found "your thing" yet?
    My "thing" is probably depression, and even that is being generous.

I mean, if you go to a restaurant, and you take off the bun, and you eat half, and then you eat a quarter of a half, and you take out the grapes, and you leave a bunch at the bottom of the bowl, or you throw out the last bit because it was sour, or you don't eat the last bit because it was too sticky, or you take a sliver more because it was really good, or you don't add the spinach, or you use chicken broth instead of water, or you use half chicken broth and half water, it starts to get really, really complicated.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I'm not active because being active is too painful.

I haven't kept a food diary yet. I've been thinking about it but it's extremely difficult for me to keep track of calories because I always end up eating "nonstandard" measures.
    You dont have to be totally on point I ball park it with the amounts and calories sometimes. Even that keeps me in check with what I eat and how much I eat. If you need support we should be weight loss buddies! I hate excercize too...thats why Im going the low calorie rout at the moment. Do you have health insurance? If so talk to a nutritionist!!! If not theres tons of research you can do online .

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by yourfriendjaneen View Post
    You dont have to be totally on point I ball park it with the amounts and calories sometimes. Even that keeps me in check with what I eat and how much I eat. If you need support we should be weight loss buddies! I hate excercize too...thats why Im going the low calorie rout at the moment. Do you have health insurance? If so talk to a nutritionist!!! If not theres tons of research you can do online .
    I have health insurance but it's getting used a lot already between the doctors and the shrinks and the antibiotics.

How do you measure a burger without a bun, anyway?

I have health insurance but it's getting used a lot already between the doctors and the shrinks and the antibiotics.

How do you measure a burger without a bun, anyway?
    So I went online (google) and typed in "Hamburger Bun Calories" 1 hamburger bun is 120 calories, so ball park it and deduct the bun from the calories of the hamburger. It doesnt have to be exact .

So a Burger King Whopper is 670 calories total, if you dont eat the bun, minus 120 calories from 670, now your total calories equals 550 calories.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by yourfriendjaneen View Post
    So I went online (google) and typed in "Hamburger Bun Calories" 1 hamburger bun is 120 calories, so ball park it and deduct the bun from the calories of the hamburger. It doesnt have to be exact .

So a Burger King Whopper is 670 calories total, if you dont eat the bun, minus 120 calories from 670, now your total calories equals 550 calories.
    This was actually a decent burger, not a Burger King burger.

Just giving you an example...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Where did the burger come from?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    Where did the burger come from?
    A local restaurant that probably doesn't publish calorie counts :x

whatever the case you can guesstimate