User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 109

  1. #11
    Post-Humorously stalemate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Yeah I'm trying to lose about 30 myself. Hopefully by Novermber or so but it could happen even earlier if I stick with it.

  2. #12
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    How the hell do you guys gain and lose weight so fast?!
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  3. #13
    Post-Humorously stalemate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    How the hell do you guys gain and lose weight so fast?!
    To lose 30 by sometime in November is only 1.5 lbs a week.

  4. #14
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    To lose 30 by sometime in November is only 1.5 lbs a week.

    Which is an incredible amount...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  5. #15
    Post-Humorously stalemate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    I always heard 1-2 lbs per week is the "healthy" way to go about it. Is that not true? How much are you thinking is reasonable? At my weight, I can eat 2026 calories per day and lose 1.5 lbs per week. I haven't had my own metabolism measured or anything, I'm just going based on averages I guess.

  6. #16
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I always heard 1-2 lbs per week is the "healthy" way to go about it. Is that not true? How much are you thinking is reasonable? At my weight, I can eat 2026 calories per day and lose 1.5 lbs per week. I haven't had my own metabolism measured or anything, I'm just going based on averages I guess.
    I don't know, even limiting my calories or making them more, it takes me a year to go 10 pounds either way.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  7. #17
    Post-Humorously stalemate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Are you pretty close to your ideal weight now? Even if I lose 30 lbs I will technically still be overweight according to BMI (I don't agree with that, but I am on the fat side). I think that makes it easier to lose than if you are already closer to a good weight.

    Also I run a lot, and when I am training for a long race it falls off easily.

    I can sometimes fluctuate 3-4 lbs or more within the same day. Mostly from water loss from running.

  8. #18
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    Are you pretty close to your ideal weight now? Even if I lose 30 lbs I will technically still be overweight according to BMI (I don't agree with that, but I am on the fat side). I think that makes it easier to lose than if you are already closer to a good weight.

    Also I run a lot, and when I am training for a long race it falls off easily.

    I can sometimes fluctuate 3-4 lbs or more within the same day. Mostly from water loss from running.
    Actually, no, I'm really far from my "ideal" weight, I'm like 30-some pounds overweight, and considering how tiny I am that's a hell of a lot.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  9. #19
    Post-Humorously stalemate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Hmmmmm... interesting. Are you active at all? Have you tried keeping a food diary?

  10. #20
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    Hmmmmm... interesting. Are you active at all? Have you tried keeping a food diary?
    I'm not active because being active is too painful.

    I haven't kept a food diary yet. I've been thinking about it but it's extremely difficult for me to keep track of calories because I always end up eating "nonstandard" measures.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone want to answer some random Qs for me? :)
    By WobblyStilettos in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 10:39 PM
  2. You were meant for me : Jewel
    By Thursday in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 02:31 AM
  3. can someone please define Si for me?
    By Evan in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 12:26 AM
  4. Vote For Me! And Watch Me! Watch Me! Watch Me!
    By CzeCze in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 05:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO