• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

food diary works for me

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Hm. It seems people are posting their intake here. I'll do it for a bit out of curiosity; someone please tell me if this isn't what the thread is for.

Morning: A white nectarine and Granny Smith apple, chopped up together as fruit salad. Two chicken breasts, sauteed and eaten with a bit of barbecue sauce.

Afternoon: Chai, using 3/4 cup or so of whole milk (as I don't have very many sources of fat).

Evening: Two white nectarines (got a bunch of them at the store earlier this week)... then went to a restaurant and had chicken with salsa/a small bit of spicy white sauce, thin tortilla slices, and a basic salad with some grated cheese and Italian dressing. Tasty.

Need to eat more often as opposed to larger meals, but didn't get the chance to eat on break at work today. :coffee:

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I was constantly having to enter stuff in on my own with Lose It, which is why I went to livestrong. It has a huge database, most restaurants are even in there if they are the slightest bit of a chain at all. But it doesn't have the barcode stuff. I have to search based on the brand.

Hmm... If it includes restaurants I may have to break down and get that one. I'm pretty sure I found it the other day and it wasn't a free app, but at least it wasn't one of these ridiculously expensive ones.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Hmm... If it includes restaurants I may have to break down and get that one. I'm pretty sure I found it the other day and it wasn't a free app, but at least it wasn't one of these ridiculously expensive ones.
It was like 2 or 3 dollars. If you want to check out the database it has, go here: MyPlate - Food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM

The iphone app is just a way to interface with that same site in an iphone friendly format. Very nice. I think you can make an account there for free and see if their database would help you.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
It was like 2 or 3 dollars. If you want to check out the database it has, go here: MyPlate - Food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM

The iphone app is just a way to interface with that same site in an iphone friendly format. Very nice. I think you can make an account there for free and see if their database would help you.

Thanks! I think I'll use their online site as my backup tracking for now.... If I like it, I'll go ahead and add the app. As long as an app is < $5 I'm usually okay with paying for it if it's worth it.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
planning is a major part of having a healthy diet.
knowing what you will consume. preparing foods
so you don't break down and get a bag of
deep fried twinkies smothered in bacon fat.

i try to go to the market every 2-3 days, to eat
as fresh as possible. and i know exactly what i
will buy to prepare. it helps curb the whim tendencies
of "mmm i think i'll have 3 slices of cheesecake for lunch today"
since there's nothing in the fridge.

typical enfp. hard to get me to write stuff down.

Beorn

Permabanned
Ok just signed up for the livestrong site.

Today I consumed 1389, but I burned 973 calories running.
Not a very healthy start, but I just haven't had enough time to eat today.
I ate an apple, yogurt, salad with craisins and dressing, a frozen dinner (Amy's Mattar tofu), sunchips and cashews.

Maybe I'll have a few light beers to get my calories up. :)

This is the first time I've done calorie counting. Hopefully I can keep up with it.

Mole

Permabanned
The Cue

Apparently sugar is the cue to eat. And although sugar is the primary cue to eat, fat and salt added to sugar make it all the stronger.

Unfortunately we can find sugar interlarded with fat and salt on every street corner.