Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Default Zumba

Zumba is a dance fitness program created by dancer and choreographer Alberto "Beto" Perez in Colombia during the 1990s. The program combines Latin and international music with dance in an effort to make exercise fun. Zumba classes are offered through licensed instructors in more than 50,000 fitness center locations in over 75 countries. Classes and instructional DVDs use music based on salsa, merengue, cumbia, reggaeton and other international music styles and forms.
    I am a slacking addict to this class. I figure i should spread the good word to other people and see if anyone else knows about it that roams this part of the forum.

To promote: I've never had more fun working out in my life with efficient result. Usually, if i'm having fun while working out it means that it's not really doing anything.
    I'm not sure what else to say, but i am getting back to the class this week and am ecstatic

Here have a clip for example-
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4"]Zumba[/YOUTUBE]
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Oh! My mom and I were just watching their commercial and I really like the whole idea. My old church in Texas, they're doing Zumba right now. My mom wants me to train in the zumba ways and eventually teach it myself, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Oh! My mom and I were just watching their commercial and I really like the whole idea. My old church in Texas, they're doing Zumba right now. My mom wants me to train in the zumba ways and eventually teach it myself, lol.
    lol. I've known three people who became instructors.
    My gym went from having no Zumba classes a year and a half ago- to having 11 in only a few months. Now it has 13 (even one for kids) and all of the other dance classes were replaced by it .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

WOW! Now I'm really interested in seeing if any of the gyms in my city have any Zumba classes. It looks like so much fun! How much do classes cost? Or is it different in every place you think?
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    WOW! Now I'm really interested in seeing if any of the gyms in my city have any Zumba classes. It looks like so much fun! How much do classes cost? Or is it different in every place you think?
    It varies. For me, any classes come with my gym membership of 50$ a month. Some places may just have strictly Zumba or you may have to go to a gym for it. If you go here, you can search your area for Zumba locations

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Sweet, thank you! I just found 2 locations that have it! I may have to wait until August to start though . I'm signing up as soon as possible!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Agree, it's fantastic fun, but I usually end up with a stitch from laughing so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I was a month late for joining Zumba, but i got back two days ago and couldn't be happier.
    Tomorrow i'll be going after i figure out my heart rate monitor so i can report back with the potential insanity it causes my body.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Agree, it's fantastic fun, but I usually end up with a stitch from laughing so hard.
    That's how it goes when i bring friends along.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Usually when the instructors wear heart rate monitors, they burn around 500-600 calories.

Today i sported mine for the first time:
    1156 calories burned.

I love this class more than words could ever express

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Zumba has been going well over the past month. I consistently burn between 1000-1200 calories per class. I also consistently have fun every class.

A few weeks ago, I attended a Zumba dance party. Black lights, strobe lights, and an hour of delicious cardio. It was a fantastic time.

Tomorrow, there is a Bailando dance competition at my gym. All of the Zumba instructors have teams and have worked through dance routines. I'll be taking a normal Zumba class prior and sitting in to watch the festivities with an ISTP friend .
    All is well in Zumba-land. Again, I recommend it!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]