First 4567 Last

Thread: Zumba

MBTI
    INTP

Real men do Zumba! Or something.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP

Zumba'ed today! It was really fun, though I really wish we were in a dance studio instead of the gym, because I'd like some mirrors to make sure I'm getting the moves right and not looking like a moron.
    Something Witty

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Zumba'ed today! It was really fun, though I really wish we were in a dance studio instead of the gym, because I'd like some mirrors to make sure I'm getting the moves right and not looking like a moron.
    Yay. I actually forget that mirrors in gyms isn't likely to be a default. I've been going to my gym on/off for the past 6 years, so I'd probably wither and die in another one.
    I usually get too caught up in watching an instructor or other people in the class, which helps improve what I'm doing a lot of the time.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I quite like not having the mirrors - for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Zumba makes me sweat and ache more, but quick walking/running kills my breathing. Curses!
    Really? I sweat a fair bit but it never makes me ache the next day - that's one of the things I most appreciate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Zumba Fitness Videogame came out a few days ago! PS3, Xbox, & Wii. I likely won't be getting it until Christmas, but videos still look promising

Other tidbits: I've been trying to go as frequently as possible. It occurs to me that some Zumba-ers aren't graced with proper instructors. For some reason, my gym has maintained an influx of very devoted and likable characters. Many Zumba classes are different. Some are more focused on core work. Some are fully immersed in a latin groove. Some switch the moves every few beats to spice it up. Some keep a steady repetition you can jive with. Some are more about the booty-shaking and chest-pumping. Some focus more on the legwork. If you ever try a Zumba and it doesn't jive with you because it is too much of one of these things.. give someone else a shot if possible.
    I cycle through about 5 different instructors, sometimes 7, and each of them does what they do differently than the others. It's worth it if you have the opportunity.

Also, there are other types of Zumba classes.
    ZumbaThe traditional Zumba class including basic rhythms like merengue, foxtrot, salsa, cumbia, reggaeton, belly dance, waltz, flamenco, tango, samba.
    Zumba GoldThis workout is designed for adults and de-conditioned participants. It addresses the anatomical, physiological and psychological needs specific to these populations.
    Zumba ToningThis class blends body-sculpting techniques and specific Zumba moves into one class focusing on calorie-burning and strength-training. Instructors use weighted, maraca-like Zumba Toning Sticks to enhance rhythm and build strength.
    Aqua ZumbaThis workshop is an all ages class similar to water aerobics. It is designed to be safe, yet effective and challenging, integrating the Zumba formula and philosophy into traditional aqua fitness disciplines.
    ZumbatomicIn September 2009, Zumba Fitness launched Zumbatomic, the first Zumba program for children. The original workout program is designed specifically for girls and boys ages 4–12 and incorporates urban dance styles like hip hop, reggaeton and pop with fundamental concepts such as coordination, discipline, confidence and teamwork.
    -

One of my favorite instructors is going to attempt to acquire his Zumba Gold certificate. A group of us helped him make a 3 minute video to send in for it. The potential of helping someone obtain a goal through Zumba, while they help me obtain my goals, is an amazing feeling. To some people, working out is just working out and instructors are just there to teach a class. In certain circumstances, I view it to be a lot more and the instructors to do a lot more.
    Okay, I'm corny, but shaddup

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I'm getting that Zumba game for the Wii this Christmas too!

I went to Zumba tonight up on the Campus' Rec Center, and after not doing it for two months, I felt a bit like a big oaf doing it.

I think it's all about confidence -- me I'm worrying about looking like a moron too much to have fun, I think.

MBTI
    INTP

My sister's getting me the Zumba dvd set for Christmas! YAY! Does anyone have it already?
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Today I realized that my only issue with moving in the future is losing out on my gym and Zumba classes that I love and adore so much .
    Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    I'm getting that Zumba game for the Wii this Christmas too!

I went to Zumba tonight up on the Campus' Rec Center, and after not doing it for two months, I felt a bit like a big oaf doing it.

I think it's all about confidence -- me I'm worrying about looking like a moron too much to have fun, I think.
    I've only read reviews for the Xbox one, which imply there's an update and a lot of people are 50/50 on it. I think the wii one is cute due to the belt that could make you feel like a Zumba instructor . I definitely understand the time-zumba gap.
    Recently, half of the people in my Zumba classes have the special Zumba clothing. It's adorable.

My sister's getting me the Zumba dvd set for Christmas! YAY! Does anyone have it already?
    Yay! I downloaded a few of them a good while ago. They are good from what I can recall.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ginkgo

cult   
    [kuhlt]
    –noun
    a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
    an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, esp. as manifested by a body of admirers: the physical fitness cult.
    the object of such devotion.
    a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.
    Sociology . a group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols.
    a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader.
    the members of such a religion or sect.
    any system for treating human sickness that originated by a person usually claiming to have sole insight into the nature of disease, and that employs methods regarded as unorthodox or unscientific.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    cult   
    [kuhlt]
    –noun
    a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
    an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, esp. as manifested by a body of admirers: the physical fitness cult.
    the object of such devotion.
    a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.
    Sociology . a group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols.
    a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader.
    the members of such a religion or sect.
    any system for treating human sickness that originated by a person usually claiming to have sole insight into the nature of disease, and that employs methods regarded as unorthodox or unscientific.
    AHEM
    Although I can agree with its cult-like qualities... you have sealed your fate in Zumba-ing with me, Mister!
    You're lucky if there isn't a place super close to you that does it. :threatens: lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]