User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Zumba

MBTI
    INTP

@Unkindloving

Yep! The yoga/pilates one starts tomorrow, then the Zumba one will be next Wednesday. I'm doing both. I've only ever done yoga and pilates with dvds at home, so I'm excited to get some personal instruction to make sure I'm doing it right.
    Something Witty

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Zumba Fitness Videogame.
    Platforms : Wii, PS3, & Xbox360
    Release : November

For Xbox, it will utilize Kinect. PS3 with utilize Move. I'm not sure what Wii will utilize, possibly just the Wiimotes.
    (Btw, totally think the Move technology looks ridiculous )
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abN-m-lgyE4"]Zumba Fitness[/YOUTUBE]

Waaaant.
    I will out Zumba you any day of the week...............ANY..............DAY....... OF........................THE..................... .....WEEK.
    That move technology is all kinds of awesome.

I found some Zumba classes offered in my area... But I'm a little skeptical of the authenticity. The instructors name is Ghost and he only offers the Zumba Crip version. This is the first instructional video he gave me. Whatcha think?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnKwZtIeWo0&feature=related"]Hood Zumba[/YOUTUBE]

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    @Unkindloving

Yep! The yoga/pilates one starts tomorrow, then the Zumba one will be next Wednesday. I'm doing both. I've only ever done yoga and pilates with dvds at home, so I'm excited to get some personal instruction to make sure I'm doing it right.
    I expect to hear all about it after today, lady! . Saw that you dug the other classes- awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I will out Zumba you any day of the week...............ANY..............DAY....... OF........................THE..................... .....WEEK.
    That move technology is all kinds of awesome.

I found some Zumba classes offered in my area... But I'm a little skeptical of the authenticity. The instructors name is Ghost and he only offers the Zumba Crip version. This is the first instructional video he gave me. Whatcha think?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnKwZtIeWo0&feature=related"]Hood Zumba[/YOUTUBE]
    Bull, sir! I've challenged like 4 forum members already . I think only one was intentional.
    Hmm. Does he have a.. normal name? You can go to the actual Zumba site and look up classes in your area. I'd say those are your best odds of being legit. Not sure about back-alley zumba
    If that's fer srs.. he needs to give you a vid where he impliments Zumba for an example. Good crip walkin- damn straight- but uh lol.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INTP

Yay, we had our first Zumba class today! The description had said cardio and Zumba, so I was expecting maybe a mix of aerobics with Zumba moves, but the instructor had a bunch of cardio interval stations set up when we walked in. She did tell us to sign in and write down what we wanted out of the class, though, and a bunch of us wrote Zumba. So we started the cardio stations, and I HATED it. Luckily, an older woman pulled the instructor aside and told her that some of the moves were too hard on her joints, and that she had come expecting something more like dancing. :-D

So then the instructor realized we had mostly all come for Zumba, and we did that the rest of the time. It was SO much fun, and I daresay I was the most coordinated one there (besides the instructor, of course)! Yay. So I'm hoping we get to do that every other Wednesday from now on.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Thanks for the report, Tallulah. How tough was it for you - workout wise?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Thanks for the report, Tallulah. How tough was it for you - workout wise?
    It was a good cardio session, and I did sweat a lot. It seems to really work your abs a lot, too, since you're doing a lot of shaking and rolling and twisting.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

It was a good cardio session, and I did sweat a lot. It seems to really work your abs a lot, too, since you're doing a lot of shaking and rolling and twisting.
    Nice.

Okay okay... I've decided to man up and take the Zumba class this Saturday.

Wait, that sentence sounds wrong on many levels.

What I mean is, Zumba takes me further out of my comfort zone, so I will go ahead and do that.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Yay, we had our first Zumba class today! The description had said cardio and Zumba, so I was expecting maybe a mix of aerobics with Zumba moves, but the instructor had a bunch of cardio interval stations set up when we walked in. She did tell us to sign in and write down what we wanted out of the class, though, and a bunch of us wrote Zumba. So we started the cardio stations, and I HATED it. Luckily, an older woman pulled the instructor aside and told her that some of the moves were too hard on her joints, and that she had come expecting something more like dancing. :-D

So then the instructor realized we had mostly all come for Zumba, and we did that the rest of the time. It was SO much fun, and I daresay I was the most coordinated one there (besides the instructor, of course)! Yay. So I'm hoping we get to do that every other Wednesday from now on.
    Haha aw. She jipped you guys at first! Glad you enjoyed it. Whoo! In mine, there are old ladies that have better coordination than the young people . If it picks up near you, might see a lot of variety.
    Okay okay... I've decided to man up and take the Zumba class this Saturday.

Wait, that sentence sounds wrong on many levels.

What I mean is, Zumba takes me further out of my comfort zone, so I will go ahead and do that.
    Yesssss, come to the dark side. Mwahaha. :breathes all Vader-like:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Yesssss, come to the dark side. Mwahaha. :breathes all Vader-like:
    You sound awfully winded. Did you just get back from Zumba?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

You sound awfully winded. Did you just get back from Zumba?
    That'd be if I walked in my Applied Modern Health class. Zumba makes me sweat and ache more, but quick walking/running kills my breathing. Curses!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]