First 23456 Last

Thread: Zumba

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    I ZUMBA'D today! I did the Zumba toning class. Not sure how different they are from the classic zumba classes. Anyway, I did not love it as much as I thought I would! I really wanted to. Maybe I had a bad teacher, who had bad taste in music and maybe I was unusually tired, but, I thought it was kinda boring. I zoned out a lot..

I got a pretty good work out, though. But the moves were very repetitive and there was way too much booty shaking. My ass got kinda nauseous after a while.

I will try it again, just because I liked the way I got a well-rounded work out. Dancing IS a very good way of working through your entire body and with a lot of ass-moves, your core muscles get a pretty good work out, and that's obviously a good thing. Also, I like dancing so. But I'll try another teacher.
    Ass shaking is THE best!
    I need to find me a Zumba around here so I can continue my spicy dancing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I ZUMBA'D today! I did the Zumba toning class. Not sure how different they are from the classic zumba classes. Anyway, I did not love it as much as I thought I would! I really wanted to. Maybe I had a bad teacher, who had bad taste in music and maybe I was unusually tired, but, I thought it was kinda boring. I zoned out a lot..

I got a pretty good work out, though. But the moves were very repetitive and there was way too much booty shaking. My ass got kinda nauseous after a while.

I will try it again, just because I liked the way I got a well-rounded work out. Dancing IS a very good way of working through your entire body and with a lot of ass-moves, your core muscles get a pretty good work out, and that's obviously a good thing. Also, I like dancing so. But I'll try another teacher.
    Hmm I've not been to a toning class.
    Zumba is very ass-shaky and repetitive though. A good instructor will switch up the moves and songs a good amount, so it's not the same every song. I have 12 different instructors at my gym, so there's a lot of variety.
    Hopefully you enjoy it more in the future!
    Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    takingaclassnextweekSOEXCITED

!!!!
    Whoo! I expect updates!
    Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Ass shaking is THE best!
    I need to find me a Zumba around here so I can continue my spicy dancing.
    Agreed! I love the ass-shaking portion of the class. Also the chest-pumping (or whatever it'd be called).
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Agreed! I love the ass-shaking portion of the class. Also the chest-pumping (or whatever it'd be called).
    YES! I love chest-pumping! I had so much fun learning to do that in belly dancing. I need a Zumba class pronto!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Smile Dancing for Joy and Listening

We can dance for joy, or we can dance to perform, or we can dance to conform.

Joy comes from within so dancing for joy comes from within.

Dancing for joy does not seek to dance for others, nor does dancing for joy seek to dance with others, making the latest moves to the latest beat.

Dancing to conform to the latest craze is a covert way of expressing depression.

While dancing for joy is a way to express our deepest self.

Dancing to conform or perform is never satisfying and so we must do it again and again and again, and with less satisfaction with each performance.

While dancing for joy is completely satisfying.

And dancing for joy is beautiful, while dancing to conform or perform is ugly.

And joy is a bubbling spring within and all we have to do is listen.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    I like to shake-a my maracas. So to speak. :workout:

I just started a new class today to take my mum. Bless, she kept doing everything wrong.

I'm thinking about becoming an instructor. Seems like easy money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

My next class is on Wednesday, with a male instructor. Should be interesting!
    His name sounds Latin, so hopefully he's got some moves and better taste in music.

MBTI
    INTP

Just found out my school is offering a weekly class that is free to faculty and staff--they're alternating yoga and pilates with cardio and Zumba. VERY excited!
    Something Witty

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    YES! I love chest-pumping! I had so much fun learning to do that in belly dancing. I need a Zumba class pronto!
    I can't wait until my stamina is better. I get dancer-envy and instructor-envy because they can just keep at it. I save energy for chest-pumping and booty-shaking
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    We can dance for joy, or we can dance to perform, or we can dance to conform.

Joy comes from within so dancing for joy comes from within.

Dancing for joy does not seek to dance for others, nor does dancing for joy seek to dance with others, making the latest moves to the latest beat.

Dancing to conform to the latest craze is a covert way of expressing depression.

While dancing for joy is a way to express our deepest self.

Dancing to conform or perform is never satisfying and so we must do it again and again and again, and with less satisfaction with each performance.

While dancing for joy is completely satisfying.

And dancing for joy is beautiful, while dancing to conform or perform is ugly.

And joy is a bubbling spring within and all we have to do is listen.
    What if one dances for joy amidst the latest craze? I would consider Extraverts here . Most things that are joyous, for me personally, are shared things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    I like to shake-a my maracas. So to speak. :workout:

I just started a new class today to take my mum. Bless, she kept doing everything wrong.

I'm thinking about becoming an instructor. Seems like easy money.
    I've almost been knocked out by some older ladies who get moves wrong. I can never hate on them, because they are always so into it. It should be a rule though: "Keep moving, but don't inflict unconsciousness!"

As far as I know, even the workshop is quick and painless. I might do the same in the future, if Zumba keeps its popularity. I think it will.
    My next class is on Wednesday, with a male instructor. Should be interesting!
    His name sounds Latin, so hopefully he's got some moves and better taste in music.
    Oh ze spicy latin men .
    I hope it goes well! We had a male instructor, whom I adored, but he had to leave my gym. Sometimes they are even more motivating, but it could be due to their comfort with body-shaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Just found out my school is offering a weekly class that is free to faculty and staff--they're alternating yoga and pilates with cardio and Zumba. VERY excited!
    Awesome! Tell us how it goes. Will you be doing the yoga and pilates, as well? I've meant to go to a class around here, but I've heard they are intimidating.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Kultainen Kuningas Devil Flamingo's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    LOL

Oh my god! This looks so amazing! I want to try this haha this is wicked. I'll probably have to do it on my own though because I have no-one to do it with, suxxx. :C And I dunno that I could find a class here in Ottawa... sigh... But still! As a Cuban (lol what does that have to do with anything) I feel like I need to know this dance, Caribbean or not...
    4w3 sx/so ·· ISFP (?) ·· rcu|E|n
    gryffindor-ravenclaw ·· chaotic neutral
    leo sun ·· scorpius moon ·· earth dragon

metsän ukko halliparta, metsän kultainen kuningas,
    ava nyt aittasi avara, luinen lukko lonkahuta!

Thumbs down Exorcism and Zumba

I was just reading, "The City", magazine.

"The City", is a glossy magazine for the city of Canberra, the Capital of Australia.

And there is a whole two page spread for Zumba with glossy sexy photos.

But I know the people who will attend these Zumba classes and they are depressed people looking for the latest fix.

They are on the treadmill of depression. I see them literally on treadmills behind the glass of fashionable gymnasiums, and soon I will see them behind the same glass trying to exorcise their depression with Zumba.