First 12345 Last

Thread: Zumba

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Enough talk!
    Let's ZUMBA!

EDIT: Wow! I found some free classes in my town, Zumba and Zumba toning! Some kind of test classes before the real classes start in fall. I will report back!

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    1200 kcal? How much does it last? 2 hours?

180-190 all exercise long? Wha, ehm, sorry if I'm too technical maybe this thread was meant more for "fun" - but I think maybe your cardio is not well-positioned? I mean, when I cycle and am @ 190, I can't keep it for more than 1 minute, and I'm rather well-trained
    An hour.
    Technical is fine . I've checked it with two different heart rate monitors. Believe me, my enthusiasm during the class is like a rollercoaster . Due to the fact that I'm not in any great shape, my heart rate just gets high quickly.
    If you're in good shape, it's not surprising that hitting 190 would throw you through a loop. Your body is likely used to the intensity and needs to be pushed even harder to get to that point.

Mine's just starting to even out, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    Enough talk!
    Let's ZUMBA!

EDIT: Wow! I found some free classes in my town, Zumba and Zumba toning! Some kind of test classes before the real classes start in fall. I will report back!
    Whoo! Hope you enjoy it! Glad this thread is being put to some use apart from my own ha.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Whoo! Hope you enjoy it! Glad this thread is being put to some use apart from my own ha.
    I'm so glad you started this thread! I'm super inspired. I've been looking for (FREEDOM!! ) a new type of workout for a while now.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Are there Zumba videos? No classes are offered around here.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'll learn some moves, go to Canada and teach! Starting up a company and moving to Canada has been the plan anyways!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I'd be like that guy in the back with the fan, and the other people in the back, sort of falling on each other.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    I'm so glad you started this thread! I'm super inspired. I've been looking for (FREEDOM!! ) a new type of workout for a while now.
    I really hope you like it then. I've not heard any bad reviews yet.
    Personally, I just love to dance and the class has a lot of 'shake your butt' amidst the latin fusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Are there Zumba videos? No classes are offered around here.
    Yes, ma'am! There are DVDs for sale on the Zumba site (likely on ebay and amazon, as well).
    Otherwise, can download from a torrent site like here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I'd be like that guy in the back with the fan, and the other people in the back, sort of falling on each other.
    Then you'd do just fine. A lot of instructors around here just say "As long as you're moving!" Falling about totally counts as moving!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Zumba Fitness Videogame.
    Platforms : Wii, PS3, & Xbox360
    Release : November

For Xbox, it will utilize Kinect. PS3 with utilize Move. I'm not sure what Wii will utilize, possibly just the Wiimotes.
    (Btw, totally think the Move technology looks ridiculous )
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abN-m-lgyE4"]Zumba Fitness[/YOUTUBE]

Waaaant.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I ZUMBA'D today! I did the Zumba toning class. Not sure how different they are from the classic zumba classes. Anyway, I did not love it as much as I thought I would! I really wanted to. Maybe I had a bad teacher, who had bad taste in music and maybe I was unusually tired, but, I thought it was kinda boring. I zoned out a lot..

I got a pretty good work out, though. But the moves were very repetitive and there was way too much booty shaking. My ass got kinda nauseous after a while.

I will try it again, just because I liked the way I got a well-rounded work out. Dancing IS a very good way of working through your entire body and with a lot of ass-moves, your core muscles get a pretty good work out, and that's obviously a good thing. Also, I like dancing so. But I'll try another teacher.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

takingaclassnextweekSOEXCITED

!!!!