• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Zumba

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Enough talk!
Let's ZUMBA!

EDIT: Wow! I found some free classes in my town, Zumba and Zumba toning! Some kind of test classes before the real classes start in fall. I will report back!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
1200 kcal? How much does it last? 2 hours?

180-190 all exercise long? Wha, ehm, sorry if I'm too technical maybe this thread was meant more for "fun" - but I think maybe your cardio is not well-positioned? I mean, when I cycle and am @ 190, I can't keep it for more than 1 minute, and I'm rather well-trained
An hour.
Technical is fine :yes:. I've checked it with two different heart rate monitors. Believe me, my enthusiasm during the class is like a rollercoaster :laugh:. Due to the fact that I'm not in any great shape, my heart rate just gets high quickly.
If you're in good shape, it's not surprising that hitting 190 would throw you through a loop. Your body is likely used to the intensity and needs to be pushed even harder to get to that point.

Mine's just starting to even out, actually.
Enough talk!
Let's ZUMBA!

EDIT: Wow! I found some free classes in my town, Zumba and Zumba toning! Some kind of test classes before the real classes start in fall. I will report back!
Whoo! :D Hope you enjoy it! Glad this thread is being put to some use apart from my own ha.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Are there Zumba videos? No classes are offered around here.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'll learn some moves, go to Canada and teach! Starting up a company and moving to Canada has been the plan anyways!

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd be like that guy in the back with the fan, and the other people in the back, sort of falling on each other.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm so glad you started this thread! I'm super inspired. I've been looking for (FREEDOM!! :headphne:) a new type of workout for a while now.
:cheese: I really hope you like it then. I've not heard any bad reviews yet.
Personally, I just love to dance and the class has a lot of 'shake your butt' amidst the latin fusion.
Are there Zumba videos? No classes are offered around here.
Yes, ma'am! There are DVDs for sale on the Zumba site (likely on ebay and amazon, as well).
Otherwise, can download from a torrent site like here.
I'd be like that guy in the back with the fan, and the other people in the back, sort of falling on each other.
:laugh: Then you'd do just fine. A lot of instructors around here just say "As long as you're moving!" Falling about totally counts as moving!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Zumba Fitness Videogame.
Platforms : Wii, PS3, & Xbox360
Release : November

For Xbox, it will utilize Kinect. PS3 with utilize Move. I'm not sure what Wii will utilize, possibly just the Wiimotes.
(Btw, totally think the Move technology looks ridiculous :laugh:)
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abN-m-lgyE4"]Zumba Fitness[/YOUTUBE]

Waaaant.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I ZUMBA'D today! I did the Zumba toning class. Not sure how different they are from the classic zumba classes. Anyway, I did not love it as much as I thought I would! I really wanted to. Maybe I had a bad teacher, who had bad taste in music and maybe I was unusually tired, but, I thought it was kinda boring. I zoned out a lot..

I got a pretty good work out, though. But the moves were very repetitive and there was way too much booty shaking. My ass got kinda nauseous after a while.

I will try it again, just because I liked the way I got a well-rounded work out. Dancing IS a very good way of working through your entire body and with a lot of ass-moves, your core muscles get a pretty good work out, and that's obviously a good thing. Also, I like dancing so. But I'll try another teacher.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I ZUMBA'D today! I did the Zumba toning class. Not sure how different they are from the classic zumba classes. Anyway, I did not love it as much as I thought I would! I really wanted to. Maybe I had a bad teacher, who had bad taste in music and maybe I was unusually tired, but, I thought it was kinda boring. I zoned out a lot..

I got a pretty good work out, though. But the moves were very repetitive and there was way too much booty shaking. My ass got kinda nauseous after a while.

I will try it again, just because I liked the way I got a well-rounded work out. Dancing IS a very good way of working through your entire body and with a lot of ass-moves, your core muscles get a pretty good work out, and that's obviously a good thing. Also, I like dancing so. But I'll try another teacher.

Ass shaking is THE best! :holy:
I need to find me a Zumba around here so I can continue my spicy dancing.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Hmm I've not been to a toning class.
Zumba is very ass-shaky and repetitive though. A good instructor will switch up the moves and songs a good amount, so it's not the same every song. I have 12 different instructors at my gym, so there's a lot of variety.
:) Hopefully you enjoy it more in the future!
takingaclassnextweekSOEXCITED

!!!!
Whoo! :D I expect updates!
Ass shaking is THE best! :holy:
I need to find me a Zumba around here so I can continue my spicy dancing.
Agreed! I love the ass-shaking portion of the class. Also the chest-pumping (or whatever it'd be called).

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Agreed! I love the ass-shaking portion of the class. Also the chest-pumping (or whatever it'd be called).

YES! I love chest-pumping! I had so much fun learning to do that in belly dancing. I need a Zumba class pronto!

Mole

Permabanned
Dancing for Joy and Listening

We can dance for joy, or we can dance to perform, or we can dance to conform.

Joy comes from within so dancing for joy comes from within.

Dancing for joy does not seek to dance for others, nor does dancing for joy seek to dance with others, making the latest moves to the latest beat.

Dancing to conform to the latest craze is a covert way of expressing depression.

While dancing for joy is a way to express our deepest self.

Dancing to conform or perform is never satisfying and so we must do it again and again and again, and with less satisfaction with each performance.

While dancing for joy is completely satisfying.

And dancing for joy is beautiful, while dancing to conform or perform is ugly.

And joy is a bubbling spring within and all we have to do is listen.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like to shake-a my maracas. So to speak. :workout:

I just started a new class today to take my mum. Bless, she kept doing everything wrong.

I'm thinking about becoming an instructor. Seems like easy money.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
My next class is on Wednesday, with a male instructor. Should be interesting!
His name sounds Latin, so hopefully he's got some moves and better taste in music.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Just found out my school is offering a weekly class that is free to faculty and staff--they're alternating yoga and pilates with cardio and Zumba. VERY excited!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
YES! I love chest-pumping! I had so much fun learning to do that in belly dancing. I need a Zumba class pronto!
:yes: I can't wait until my stamina is better. I get dancer-envy and instructor-envy because they can just keep at it. I save energy for chest-pumping and booty-shaking :laugh:
We can dance for joy, or we can dance to perform, or we can dance to conform.

Joy comes from within so dancing for joy comes from within.

Dancing for joy does not seek to dance for others, nor does dancing for joy seek to dance with others, making the latest moves to the latest beat.

Dancing to conform to the latest craze is a covert way of expressing depression.

While dancing for joy is a way to express our deepest self.

Dancing to conform or perform is never satisfying and so we must do it again and again and again, and with less satisfaction with each performance.

While dancing for joy is completely satisfying.

And dancing for joy is beautiful, while dancing to conform or perform is ugly.

And joy is a bubbling spring within and all we have to do is listen.
What if one dances for joy amidst the latest craze? I would consider Extraverts here :yes:. Most things that are joyous, for me personally, are shared things.
I like to shake-a my maracas. So to speak. :workout:

I just started a new class today to take my mum. Bless, she kept doing everything wrong.

I'm thinking about becoming an instructor. Seems like easy money.
:D I've almost been knocked out by some older ladies who get moves wrong. I can never hate on them, because they are always so into it. It should be a rule though: "Keep moving, but don't inflict unconsciousness!"

As far as I know, even the workshop is quick and painless. I might do the same in the future, if Zumba keeps its popularity. I think it will.
My next class is on Wednesday, with a male instructor. Should be interesting!
His name sounds Latin, so hopefully he's got some moves and better taste in music.
Oh ze spicy latin men :smooch:.
I hope it goes well! We had a male instructor, whom I adored, but he had to leave my gym. Sometimes they are even more motivating, but it could be due to their comfort with body-shaking.
Just found out my school is offering a weekly class that is free to faculty and staff--they're alternating yoga and pilates with cardio and Zumba. VERY excited!
Awesome! Tell us how it goes. Will you be doing the yoga and pilates, as well? I've meant to go to a class around here, but I've heard they are intimidating.

Devil Flamingo

Kultainen Kuningas
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh my god! This looks so amazing! I want to try this haha this is wicked. I'll probably have to do it on my own though because I have no-one to do it with, suxxx. :C And I dunno that I could find a class here in Ottawa... sigh... But still! As a Cuban (lol what does that have to do with anything) I feel like I need to know this dance, Caribbean or not... :yes:

Mole

Permabanned
Exorcism and Zumba

I was just reading, "The City", magazine.

"The City", is a glossy magazine for the city of Canberra, the Capital of Australia.

And there is a whole two page spread for Zumba with glossy sexy photos.

But I know the people who will attend these Zumba classes and they are depressed people looking for the latest fix.

They are on the treadmill of depression. I see them literally on treadmills behind the glass of fashionable gymnasiums, and soon I will see them behind the same glass trying to exorcise their depression with Zumba.