User Tag List

123 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default 96% of all women think they're too fat.

I was just reading a Belgian newssite and there I read that 96% of all women think they're too fat.

WOOOW. That's what I call a lot of women.

What's wrong with all these women? I don't think that 96% of all the women I know are walrusses. Why on earth do they all think that? Let's be honest: When I was little, I thought I was too fat too. When I was eight, nine or ten years old I sometimes didn't have candy for a week because I wanted to lose weight (I couldn't hold on witout candy for much longer). Whe I look at those pictures, I don't think I was that fat at all. Okay, I had a little tummy, I always had one and I still have it, but does that make someone too fat?

I am one of the 4% women who think they're not too fat. My family does think I am too fat and they tell me that all the time (they even made me wear Bridget Jones pants to my prom to hide my belly), but I don't care. Okay, I'm bigger than my cousins (who are skinny and train a lot, and a lot is already an understatement), but I think that doesn't mean I'm too fat. Sometimes people compare me to Marilyn Monroe, while they ask my skinny, musled cousins if they're models. I'd rather be compared to Marilyn than to a model.

I don't understand why women are dieting and training all the time to reach an unreachable ideal. They might think that they're too fat when they haven't reached that perfect body they always wanted, but they seem to forget that you have to train many hours a day to get that body. You also have to resist all kind of yummy food, because you'll have to burn all the calories away. Is that all worth it? Isn't it just better to live a happy, relaxed life and accept yourself for who you are and how you look?
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

What's the statistic for men?

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I have no clue. They only asked women.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

It's true. PUT DOWN THE FORK!

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

This survey was of women in Europe? You people aren't fat.

The women in America must be practically suicidal.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

96%!!! That's ridiculous!

I don't understand the obsessing over weight thing either but I'm not a good person to ask, being one of the 4% (I actually wish I weighed more). I have many friends that worry about their weight and it rather upsets me because I think they look great. Some even have fantastic bodies and still think they're fat.

Some of the women I know are driven more by the social pressure aspect. In other words, society tells them they are fat and that makes them feel bad about themselves. They seem like they just want to be reassured and to have that pressure lifted. While other (perhaps more) appear to driven by an internal pressure - ie. they've decided they are fat rather than merely feeling fat. However, this is merely an passing observation...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    It's true. PUT DOWN THE FORK!
    +1

No, but honestly. There is truth in it, but "fat" isn't the right word.
    Modern women are usually weaker than what was tolerable in a small child back in the day.
    Skip the diet, don't starve yourselves, but start working out regularly, often and hard.

(Needless to say, this goes for men, too. The thread was just about women.)

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    +1

No, but honestly. There is truth in it, but "fat" isn't the right word.
    Modern women are usually weaker than what was tolerable in a small child back in the day.
    Skip the diet, don't starve yourselves, but start working out regularly, often and hard.

(Needless to say, this goes for men, too. The thread was just about women.)
    This is true too. They're not as strong on the plow as they used to be. GF always wakes me up from my nap when she tells me she's too tired to move it anymore.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    This is true too. They're not as strong on the plow as they used to be. GF always wakes me up from my nap when she tells me she's too tired to move it anymore.
    LOL

What was it mr. Borat said?
    "Plow experience" and "tight as man's a*us"...
    Are you from Kazakhstan?

Chzec shemeiz! Very nice

Edit: now, let's let these more serious people have some space and less derailing, even if it was fun.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

*sigh* That's the thing men wrote there too, "those chicks are right!". I feel sorry for all those men, all of them will have to fight for the 4% they don't think are too fat. And if those 4% women can have only one man each, only one in 25 men can get himself a chick. Yes, we are still talking about EUROPEAN chicks here. Can't wait until we can all have 25 men each without any consequences.
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here