• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

96% of all women think they're too fat.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think we should use this thread to poll the forum on this matter...

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
oooh, what kyuuei said reminded me... body type plays a big role in weight! My sis is a stick... she's about 5'7" and ends up looking her best around 115 or so lbs... any more than that and it shows :shock: Not that it bothers her really... she struggles to keep her weight above 110 and often fails...

On the other hand, I'm 5'4" with a completely different build... if I drop below about 125 people start to complain that I need to eat more :doh:

However, I think that people focus way too much on weight and not enough on health and happiness... if you're healthy and happy that's what should matter the most :)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think the madmins should change the percentage in the thread title every so often. That would so rawk.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Isn't this like the same case where every man think that they're too short, or does not have a big enough penis? :shock:

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Actually this is a myth that is perpetuated by the media, diet companies, medical professions, industry.

Perhaps if they actually found the trigger that changes the set point that regulates the homeostasis of the hypothalamus and hence shape of your physique then none would be surprised to learn that diets have a yoyo effect. especially when your shape fluctuates in accordance to your metabolism which is the set point predetermined and that is the state the body tries to maintain. you can certainly change this by learning what toxins to eliminate from your body and learning which foods react with your metabolism.

ever wonder why some people eat truck loads and burn fast, high metabolism, aka set point does the work. same deal why some people gain weight faster, low metabolism, aka set point maintains the shape.

which comes back to endocrine health and then there is exercise. most people mistake that just a type of exercise shall remove weight. not when the metabolism isn't working. not when you only focus on aerobic or cardio or weights only. gotta incorporate them all.

not when some peoples dietary requirements clash with others and hence, the foods you consume either promote or help in your overall well being.

its a myth perpetuated by a very many people. and picking that myth up from supposedly trusted professionals, friends and family reinforces the subconscious mind.

Unfortunately for the poor girls a trigger happens that changes their psychological make up to think that anorexic is fat...

And for the voluptuous woman to think, curvy is fat...when this is, and men will tell you a zillion times over...mindblowingly hot!

And heavy women will think that its because of their diets and wonder why exercise and dieting don't work...

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Everyone should be somewhat concerned about being fat / unhealthy.

G

Glycerine

Everyone should be somewhat concerned about being fat / unhealthy.

I whole-heartedly agree.

It's really annoying when people say, "Don't worry Pitseleh, you won't ever get fat and other women will hate you all your life."

Anyone can get fat if they don't watch themselves.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I whole-heartedly agree.

It's really annoying when people say, "Don't worry Pitseleh, you won't ever get fat and other women will hate you all your life."

Anyone can get fat if they don't watch themselves.

I think there's an implicit agreement. We will all agree to not be superficial about appearances if people try their best to look attractive.

P

Phantonym

You can't really complain about being judged if you're making zero effort. If I decide not to bathe I can't complain if people find it unappealing.

The thing is, people tend to judge before they find out whether any kind of effort is made.

G

Glycerine

I took what you said as more of a "generally speaking" statement but I also agree with SiB. /derail/ But Synarch, you're ENFP now?

G

Glycerine

LOL most definitely an ENXP type, if you say you don't remember. I always saw you more of an ENTP, but then again, I probably only know one eNTP irl.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Definitely N, definitely P, definitely E. I'm too needy to be an Introvert.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Eh, more to love.
Although I wouldn't mind targeting the small amount of cellulite on my thighs.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
In some parts of the world *cough*america*cough*, 75% of women ARE too fat. So only like 20% are confused.