• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

96% of all women think they're too fat.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I was just reading a Belgian newssite and there I read that 96% of all women think they're too fat.

WOOOW. That's what I call a lot of women.

What's wrong with all these women? I don't think that 96% of all the women I know are walrusses. Why on earth do they all think that? Let's be honest: When I was little, I thought I was too fat too. When I was eight, nine or ten years old I sometimes didn't have candy for a week because I wanted to lose weight (I couldn't hold on witout candy for much longer). Whe I look at those pictures, I don't think I was that fat at all. Okay, I had a little tummy, I always had one and I still have it, but does that make someone too fat?

I am one of the 4% women who think they're not too fat. My family does think I am too fat and they tell me that all the time (they even made me wear Bridget Jones pants to my prom to hide my belly), but I don't care. Okay, I'm bigger than my cousins (who are skinny and train a lot, and a lot is already an understatement), but I think that doesn't mean I'm too fat. Sometimes people compare me to Marilyn Monroe, while they ask my skinny, musled cousins if they're models. I'd rather be compared to Marilyn than to a model.

I don't understand why women are dieting and training all the time to reach an unreachable ideal. They might think that they're too fat when they haven't reached that perfect body they always wanted, but they seem to forget that you have to train many hours a day to get that body. You also have to resist all kind of yummy food, because you'll have to burn all the calories away. Is that all worth it? Isn't it just better to live a happy, relaxed life and accept yourself for who you are and how you look?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
This survey was of women in Europe? You people aren't fat.

The women in America must be practically suicidal.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
96%!!! That's ridiculous!

I don't understand the obsessing over weight thing either but I'm not a good person to ask, being one of the 4% (I actually wish I weighed more). I have many friends that worry about their weight and it rather upsets me because I think they look great. Some even have fantastic bodies and still think they're fat.

Some of the women I know are driven more by the social pressure aspect. In other words, society tells them they are fat and that makes them feel bad about themselves. They seem like they just want to be reassured and to have that pressure lifted. While other (perhaps more) appear to driven by an internal pressure - ie. they've decided they are fat rather than merely feeling fat. However, this is merely an passing observation...

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's true. PUT DOWN THE FORK!

+1 :D

No, but honestly. There is truth in it, but "fat" isn't the right word.
Modern women are usually weaker than what was tolerable in a small child back in the day.
Skip the diet, don't starve yourselves, but start working out regularly, often and hard.

(Needless to say, this goes for men, too. The thread was just about women.)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
+1 :D

No, but honestly. There is truth in it, but "fat" isn't the right word.
Modern women are usually weaker than what was tolerable in a small child back in the day.
Skip the diet, don't starve yourselves, but start working out regularly, often and hard.

(Needless to say, this goes for men, too. The thread was just about women.)

This is true too. They're not as strong on the plow as they used to be. GF always wakes me up from my nap when she tells me she's too tired to move it anymore. :dont:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is true too. They're not as strong on the plow as they used to be. GF always wakes me up from my nap when she tells me she's too tired to move it anymore. :dont:

LOL :jew:

What was it mr. Borat said?
"Plow experience" and "tight as man's a*us"...
Are you from Kazakhstan? :newwink:

Chzec shemeiz! Very nice :D

Edit: now, let's let these more serious people have some space and less derailing, even if it was fun. :)

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
*sigh* That's the thing men wrote there too, "those chicks are right!". I feel sorry for all those men, all of them will have to fight for the 4% they don't think are too fat. And if those 4% women can have only one man each, only one in 25 men can get himself a chick. Yes, we are still talking about EUROPEAN chicks here. :) Can't wait until we can all have 25 men each without any consequences.

wolfy

awsm
I just did an informal survey and 100% of women think they aren't fat and that it is a dumb question.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
This is one of the reasons why eating disorders are so common among females. I'm not fat, but I defiently have days where I feel fat and don't think I should eat because of it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd just did an informal survey and 100% of women think they aren't fat and that it is a dumb question.

I'm overweight (I've gained a number of pounds in the last year and desperately need to start biking again) but I'm not sure "fat" is the right word... although I'll use it casually.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
It is human nature to want to have better, more of what we value.

It's not that 96% of women are truly dissatisfied with the way they look. If that was true they would change.

It's the opposite. They find satisfaction in the fact that they could be perfect if they ever wanted to.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I just don't understand why many men want their women to have a body like THIS (jeeze, I thought real men liked curves!):

skinny_narrowweb__300x4540.jpg

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I just don't understand why many men want their women to have a body like THIS (jeeze, I thought real men liked curves!):

skinny_narrowweb__300x4540.jpg

That is just nasty. Looks like she purges.

If she got pregnant, or even ate something larger than a sugar cube, she would explode. :shock:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
It is human nature to want to have better, more of what we value.

It's not that 96% of women are truly dissatisfied with the way they look. If that was true they would change.

It's the opposite. They find satisfaction in the fact that they could be perfect if they ever wanted to.

I really don't think it's this simple...

think about body type some women aren't going to ever look like models no matter how diligent they are. they're also might be one thing that they work at they can't get to where they want no matter how hard they try.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I suppose you're right.

Where I'm from, people just aren't fat, so it's easy to generalise like that.

My mistake.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
A lot of women seem hyper competitive in this regard, like fat (or lack of) is a proxy for social status or something.

I've also read about something about "fat talk" amongst women being some kind of bonding experience, so even if your relatively slim, if your friends are talking negatively about their bodies it is socially expected that you do so too.