User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    In some parts of the world *cough*america*cough*, 75% of women ARE too fat. So only like 20% are confused.
    Having lived in both Europe and America I think some of that has to do with diet, but the other problem is that what is fat for some people might not be fat for someone else... everyone's body has an ideal size and it isn't the same for all people.

I always get accused of being anorexic (which couldn't be further from the truth). I'm just skinny... I can't help it really. I certainly don't watch what I eat... I eat when I'm hungry and I stop eating when I'm not hungry anymore.
    I'm 6ft and my weight hasn't fluctuated more than 3lbs to 5lbs since I've been this height. Currently I weigh about 120 lbs, and I just can't help it, it's genetic. I have a friend who is 5'6 or so and she weighs about 140lbs, she works out every day and diets all the time, she just can't seem to get much smaller than that.

MBTI
    ENFJ

75% of women in the US are not fat.

I remember in gym class, I saw a few girls in the locker room complaining about the slightest curve in their legs as being "fat". It was rather disgusting.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    In some parts of the world *cough*america*cough*, 75% of women ARE too fat. So only like 20% are confused.
    wow, just, wow. I know some fat women, but no where near 75%
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    wow, just, wow. I know some fat women, but no where near 75%
    According to this source about 62% of women are overweight - American Obesity Association - AOA Fact Sheets

"For women, ages 20 to 74, 62 percent are overweight"

But again I think part of that is because we haven't accurately defined what the ideal weight is for every woman. My friend who is 5'6 and 140lbs is technically borderline overweight but I can't imagine what else she could do to be smaller, which means that she is probably at her ideal weight right now since she doesn't have any other underlying health problems.

I'm technically underweight according to these charts but if I were to eat any more I would be at serious risk for developing heart disease and type II diabetes. I typically eat whatever I want so if I wanted to gain weight I'd have to switch to a diet of nothing but deep fried twinkies or something (and honestly I'm not even sure if that would make me gain any weight) since I currently go through a can of pringles a day between meals when I can't leave my lab. That happens at least 3 or 4 times a week and nothing. I just don't tend to gain weight.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by spin-1/2-nuclei View Post
    Having lived in both Europe and America I think some of that has to do with diet, but the other problem is that what is fat for some people might not be fat for someone else... everyone's body has an ideal size and it isn't the same for all people.

I always get accused of being anorexic (which couldn't be further from the truth). I'm just skinny... I can't help it really. I certainly don't watch what I eat... I eat when I'm hungry and I stop eating when I'm not hungry anymore.
    I'm 6ft and my weight hasn't fluctuated more than 3lbs to 5lbs since I've been this height. Currently I weigh about 120 lbs, and I just can't help it, it's genetic. I have a friend who is 5'6 or so and she weighs about 140lbs, she works out every day and diets all the time, she just can't seem to get much smaller than that.
    Haha, that was me. I had to weigh under 130 for rowing, I am also 5'6, but I couldn't do it for the life of me, we went forcefully anorexic pretty much just to stay at 125 if we could, but then a shitload of problems came later, such as everyone passing out after every race, so we stopped that. I was sickened when I heard they wanted to move lightweight category to 120 lbs being the max, which I don' t know any athletic person who weighs that.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    Haha, that was me. I had to weigh under 130 for rowing, I am also 5'6, but I couldn't do it for the life of me, we went forcefully anorexic pretty much just to stay at 125 if we could, but then a shitload of problems came later, such as everyone passing out after every race, so we stopped that. I was sickened when I heard they wanted to move lightweight category to 120 lbs being the max, which I don' t know any athletic person who weighs that.
    I really take offense to weight classes in sports. I know to some extent they're necessary, but nobody ever takes height or skeletal structure into account and people like you end up having to starve and get sick and people like me end up having to binge out on deep fried doughnuts wrapped in bacon to gain weight and end up getting sick. There has to be a better way to make competitions physically equitable.

It also seems like when they try to force people to "make weight" they don't look as good, my guess is because it's not natural.

Like my friend that is 5'6, she is beautiful when she is her normal weight, but when she tires to lose weight she gets kinda sickly looking because her skeletal mass is larger than mine. I look skinny but I don't look boney, but when she tries to get really small she looks really boney. The worst part is that it was her doctor who told her she should try to lose some weight, not because she has any health problems, but because some stupid chart says she should. He didn't even take into consideration the fact that she was blessed with a pretty decent sized rack.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    I've weighed 110 before (after i was fully grown) but then again i;m not an athelete, i tend to weigh around 118-136 i like being closer to 118, some months i don't feel like eating and others i want to eat everything in site. i'm 5'7"
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Like my friend that is 5'6, she is beautiful when she is her normal weight, but when she tires to lose weight she gets kinda sickly looking because her skeletal mass is larger than mine. I look skinny but I don't look boney, but when she tries to get really small she looks really boney. The worst part is that it was her doctor who told her she should try to lose some weight, not because she has any health problems, but because some stupid chart says she should. He didn't even take into consideration the fact that she was blessed with a pretty decent sized rack.
    I have exactly the same thing! I have a really broad skeleton and even if I eat very little, my body still won't look skinny. Only my face starts looking boney. I personally like myself better when I'm fatter, because then at least I have some cheeks and then my face looks healthy.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Your friend's doctor told her she needed to lose weight at 5'6 and 140? What chart was he using? Most standard weight charts say the ideal weight for a 5'6 individual is 118-154 pounds. I'm the same height and my lean mass alone is around 112 pounds, so 140 would probably be pretty close to my ideal weight. I'm not an athlete and I have a pretty average frame size.

I think people really underestimate how much people naturally vary in musculature, bone size and density, and where the body is genetically programmed to store fat. Those things can make a big difference.

Here's an interesting site:

Photographic Height and Weight Chart

It's basically a grid of photos of people at different heights and weights. A lot of people don't look anything like you'd think at a given height and weight. (A lot of women, in particular, look slimmer than you'd think at a certain height and weight). I was also struck by the wide range of body types that can all look normal and healthy.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

I'm about 15lbs under the healthy weight range. I wish I could get some curves

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    Here's an interesting site:

Photographic Height and Weight Chart

It's basically a grid of photos of people at different heights and weights. A lot of people don't look anything like you'd think at a given height and weight. (A lot of women, in particular, look slimmer than you'd think at a certain height and weight). I was also struck by the wide range of body types that can all look normal and healthy.
    Fantastic link. Thanks!
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp