User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I think we should use this thread to poll the forum on this matter...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

oooh, what kyuuei said reminded me... body type plays a big role in weight! My sis is a stick... she's about 5'7" and ends up looking her best around 115 or so lbs... any more than that and it shows Not that it bothers her really... she struggles to keep her weight above 110 and often fails...

On the other hand, I'm 5'4" with a completely different build... if I drop below about 125 people start to complain that I need to eat more

However, I think that people focus way too much on weight and not enough on health and happiness... if you're healthy and happy that's what should matter the most
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I think the madmins should change the percentage in the thread title every so often. That would so rawk.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Isn't this like the same case where every man think that they're too short, or does not have a big enough penis?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Actually this is a myth that is perpetuated by the media, diet companies, medical professions, industry.

Perhaps if they actually found the trigger that changes the set point that regulates the homeostasis of the hypothalamus and hence shape of your physique then none would be surprised to learn that diets have a yoyo effect. especially when your shape fluctuates in accordance to your metabolism which is the set point predetermined and that is the state the body tries to maintain. you can certainly change this by learning what toxins to eliminate from your body and learning which foods react with your metabolism.

ever wonder why some people eat truck loads and burn fast, high metabolism, aka set point does the work. same deal why some people gain weight faster, low metabolism, aka set point maintains the shape.

which comes back to endocrine health and then there is exercise. most people mistake that just a type of exercise shall remove weight. not when the metabolism isn't working. not when you only focus on aerobic or cardio or weights only. gotta incorporate them all.

not when some peoples dietary requirements clash with others and hence, the foods you consume either promote or help in your overall well being.

its a myth perpetuated by a very many people. and picking that myth up from supposedly trusted professionals, friends and family reinforces the subconscious mind.

Unfortunately for the poor girls a trigger happens that changes their psychological make up to think that anorexic is fat...

And for the voluptuous woman to think, curvy is fat...when this is, and men will tell you a zillion times over...mindblowingly hot!

And heavy women will think that its because of their diets and wonder why exercise and dieting don't work...

MBTI
    ENTP

Everyone should be somewhat concerned about being fat / unhealthy.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Everyone should be somewhat concerned about being fat / unhealthy.
    I whole-heartedly agree.

It's really annoying when people say, "Don't worry Pitseleh, you won't ever get fat and other women will hate you all your life."

Anyone can get fat if they don't watch themselves.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I whole-heartedly agree.

It's really annoying when people say, "Don't worry Pitseleh, you won't ever get fat and other women will hate you all your life."

Anyone can get fat if they don't watch themselves.
    I think there's an implicit agreement. We will all agree to not be superficial about appearances if people try their best to look attractive.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Glycerine

^ You make another good point.