User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISXJ

They actually gave me vicodin...and I was really excited about that. I totally expected it to knock me flat out. Unfortunately, it did not effect me at all (I have no idea how that is even possible). It did not make me drowsy, nor did it even take away the pain. Today was pretty much the first day I have felt better and could actually take normal doses of medicine. And Jennifer, I now know what you meant about eating something with the medicine. I think I've taken so much Advil that my stomach has been irritated all day. I just ready for this whole ordeal to be over so I can get off all this medicine and be able to chew again...that would be nice. I'd say 2 more days and I'll be just dandy.

MBTI
    INFP

Default Ouch

Ooh, I never have, sorry. I hope you are feeling better soon.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    Infx

Goodness, how bad of a root canal was it? When I had mine they prescribed me tylenol with codine, but I took two regular tylenol, slept a little and was fine. Probably didn't even need the medicine I took.

Maybe some people's teeth are more sensitive?
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    ISXJ

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmaiden14 View Post
    Goodness, how bad of a root canal was it? When I had mine they prescribed me tylenol with codine, but I took two regular tylenol, slept a little and was fine. Probably didn't even need the medicine I took.

Maybe some people's teeth are more sensitive?
    Well, I had some bad complications with mine. Basically, I had a large cavity in that tooth about 3 yrs ago, and since the cavity was so large they decided to put a crown/cap (I don't know which) over it just so it would be stronger than a normal filling. Since the time I got that work done, my tooth has always been very sensitive to hot and cold...I just thought it had something to do with the crown/cap thing so I never thought anything of it.

However, the way the dentist explained it to me, that sensitivity meant that my tooth has been slowly dying over the last 3 yrs. She said that sometimes when you drill too much on a tooth it can just decide to "die" so essentially, that's what happened to me. By the time I developed a toothache my tooth and gums were badly infected.

Anyway, the healing has been a really painful and long process, but I'm feeling back to about 90% today, so I'm hoping to be just about normal by tomorrow. Thanks for the kind words everyone...I am feeling much better

MBTI
    Infx

Ouchies!! Yeah, temperature sensitivity is never a good sign! Means something's going on under the surface, at least from my experience. I'm glad you were able to have it taken care of, and feeling better!
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    Anyone here ever had a root canal? Any good advice to help with the pain?

It feels like someone has beaten my face/jaw/gums with a hammer. The dentist put me on a Z-pak (prevents infection) and lots of Advil. Despite the fact that the Advil bottle says to not take more than 6 pills in a 24-hour period I have taken 13 pills in a 19-hour period. That can't possibly be good for me/my liver can it?
    Poor you.