• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

thyroid questions

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
How careful are you about the brands you use? Do you go to the health food store, or just get whatever they have at the grocery store?

I guess I'm asking if the expensive supplements appear to work better than the inexpensive ones.

By the way: I'm craving black licorice!
What's up with that?

I've been using the Spring Valley Natural brand (Wal-Mart or online):

Potassium 99 mg (cut in half)
Magnesium 400 mg (cut in half) this also includes Zinc 15 mg
Oyster Shell Calcium 500+D (Calcium 500 mg + D 400 I.U.) full tab twice-a-day

Now, if you are more into the natural foods, I would suggest eating plenty of potato skins, bananas and cantaloupe for natural potassium (yummy) and plenty of black or red beans as well as tomatoes and tasty spinach for magnesium. Hmm... I'm hungry.

(I've never been a fan of black licorice -- you can have all of mine!) :smile:

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
BTW, I eat a wide variety of foods that contain calcium, magnesium and potassium... however I think my body just needs more; I would be huge if I ate the way I wanted to! Supplements, thankfully, seem to work for me.

O

Oberon

My wife once wondered aloud if she was having thyroid problems.

I looked at her legs and said "I think your thigh-roids are fine. It's your butt-roid that's getting out of hand."

I didn't see her for two days after that.

On the third day, the swelling went down a little and I could see her some with my left eye...