User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Have you considered that you may not be eating enough? Especially considering the fact that you do so much cardio.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

but um I am not hungry and don't want to eat more...

did I mention around here that I don't like eating?
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    but um I am not hungry and don't want to eat more...

did I mention around here that I don't like eating?
    How often do you eat?
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office

MBTI
    enfp

haha depends on the day and my mood....

between 3 & 6 times a day.....
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    INTJ

Actually, after looking at what you posted, it doesn't sound like you are doing very bad. 20 pounds in 5 months is a healthy amount. Losing weight too fast causes rebound (as in the case of assisted aneroxia - like surgery). I am of the opinion that diet is equally if not more important than cardio when it comes to weight loss, but in reality you should not be losing more than 1-2 pounds per week, if you are doing it right. Eat breakfast. No sodas. Cut the carbs back at night. When I was cutting I just wouldn't eat any carbs past like 6 p.m.

MBTI
    enfp

aside from my cookie habit that I have cut back, along with the sugar in my coffee... never drink sodas and juices, rarely drink alcohol.
    Jung Test Results

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    *nods* My suggestion to you is also to go talk to your family doctor and arrange to get a blood test. It's the surest way of figuring out if there's a problem.
    Agreed.

I have an underactive thyroid; I take medication daily to keep my thyroid function normal.

About 3 or 4 times I year I have blood tests to ensure that my thyroid function is reporting as normal and every couple of years I have an ultrasound on my thyroid to check that it is normal in size.

My blood tests indicate a normal thyroid function, and will continue to do so while ever I take medication.

MBTI
    enfp

I was also just reminded this morning why I don't take cough syrup, I do so rarely that I forget. You see the first dose goes down fine with no side affects however the second dose taken 6hrs after the first and just before I go to bed causes me to wake up all shaky in the morning. UGH!
    Jung Test Results

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    I am just curious if anyone around here know and thing about underactive thyroids? I ask b/c for some reason I have it in my mind that I may have a thyroid issue. My doctor had questioned it a few years ago but dismissed it at that time as being nothing, I didn't bring it up at all she did. That had to have been 4yrs ago now.

My biggest stumbling block has been because i have been working so hard to lose weight, harder than most people do and have lost only a fraction of the weight that many others do... so it just makes me wonder that is all. I have done limited research online and have found some more things about me that seem to fit, but realize that only a DR can and should diagnose such a thing

so I was checking to see what people know
    As someone who's Been There, Done That, I feel for you, Targo. Are you in BC? If yes, and you have a doctor who's admitted you have a thyroid problem, then you're ahead of the game. BC doctors and hormones = usually a bad scene.

Weight loss isn't rocket science, if you cut the calories you lose weight (not necessarily fat, but weight does move). I spent years killing myself with exercise and diet trying to maintain my weight; I thought I just needed to work harder.

From what I recall you're active and you're pretty young. If you're having THAT much difficulty with weight loss then you can assume Something Ain't Right.

Questions for you, they may seem silly, but humour me.

Do you have 'abnormal' cholesterol results?
    Do you have problems sleeping? Or are you tired when you wake up?
    Have you noticed your eyebrows getting thinner?
    Do you have irregular periods?

Bottom line is do you feel ok? Blood tests when dealing with thyroid (or any hormone for that matter) are poor indicators of health. Blood tests for thyroid are notoriously bad, especially when you're being treated. This is one of those fields of medicine where you used to be better treated 50 years ago.

Edited to add: have you ever had your vitamin D levels tested? Do you take Vitamin D? If you don't and if you do live in BC it's something to seriously consider.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    yupp
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so