• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If I can't take care of myself after surgery, and nobody else is willing to...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
can I stay at the hospital?

I know it would be extremely expensive, but...

Atomic Fiend

Why wouldn't anyone else be willing to take care of you?

Also that's what Hospice is for. They usually need those rooms in a hospital.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Why wouldn't anyone else be willing to take care of you?

Also that's what Hospice is for. They usually need those rooms in a hospital.

Because my family hates me. Well, the men in my family hate me. My mother's too busy.

I have a very bad blood phobia. I won't be able to keep anything clean for myself. Nobody will be willing or able to help me take care of it, though.

Little Laura

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Two
Would it be cheaper to get a home care nurse? I am from Canada, so I don't know what sort of insurance you have.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Would it be cheaper to get a home care nurse? I am from Canada, so I don't know what sort of insurance you have.

I don't know what kind of insurance I have either.

I am wondering if I can just hang around the hospital afterwards and not leave, if they would be forced to do something about me. Maybe they can put me in the mental health wing or whatever. It is a mental problem, after all.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hiring a home nurse is most likely cheaper and more practical, plus I'm not sure whether the hospital would let you stay at all (if the hospital is generally low on beds, I would assume not - they need the beds for actual sick people and emergencies).

I don't know much about surgery, but do you really need a lot of "care" afterwards? Surely going to a clinic a few times afterwards would be sufficient?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't know much about surgery, but do you really need a lot of "care" afterwards? Surely going to a clinic a few times afterwards would be sufficient?

I am going to be bleeding. Therefore, I won't be able to take care of myself. It's really quite disgusting how pathetically weak-minded I am, but this time I just have to face facts. I really, really won't be able to take care of myself, and nobody will help me.

Maybe I can stick around in the waiting room or something. I won't need a bed, I'll have to sleep sitting up anyway.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
I don't know the rules in your state, but here if someone isn't there to take you home they keep you.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My opinion is stay in the hospital. Health/Money.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
A mental health issue and you are going to be bleeding from being treated? What is it, a lobotomy or something?!

Fecal McAngry

can I stay at the hospital?

I know it would be extremely expensive, but...

What is the surgery? I am recovering from two at the moment (on 03-20-10 and 03-30-10) and have had enough experience with prior surgeries that I can probably tell you if you will need assistance or if you will be "okay" by yourself...

gromit

likes this
I think they don't want people staying in the hospital because you're at a greater risk to get sick from other patients and stuff like that. It's actually the last place they want recovering people to stay, in my understanding.