User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Most people are happy about the rampant food sharing at this time of year, neighbors dropping by with a plate of cookies, workplace holiday parties and big family dinners and such. I'm not. "why would anyone dread the holidays?" you may ask- because I can't eat a damned thing

within the past year, after months of tests and misery, I was diagnosed with celiac disease- which along with making me curse my Irish ancestry has restricted what I can eat severely. I can eat nothing containing gluten, which makes eating out and visiting friends hell- I'm now convinced that almost EVERYTHING includes gluten!

I'd love to be polite and eat what is offered to me, but it's really a bad idea, and when I say politely that I'm sorry, I can't eat that food people start to ask questions. Now I'd rather not describe what happens if I eat gluten to people- after all, it's kind of gross- and I was wondering if there's a polite way to tell people to bugger off!?

Can anyone please explain to me how to politely get out of eating food that can destroy my health without having to deal with embarassing questions? I don't want to be rude, but some people are too damned curious!
    How about making a little brochure on the subject and carrying it with you?
    You could offer it to those who can't refrain from asking annoying questions.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

hmmm... I should put my english major sister towards that! she gets tired of explaining as well! (same disorder for her as well!)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Pardon the fact that I am interrupting a discussion here, but for some reason, I feel compelled to announce that at this very moment, the mere notion of Christmas cookies makes me want to vomit.

That is all.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    Pardon the fact that I am interrupting a discussion here, but for some reason, I feel compelled to announce that at this very moment, the mere notion of Christmas cookies makes me want to vomit.

That is all.
    I believe that signifies a severe latent emotional trauma.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I believe that signifies a severe latent emotional trauma.
    No. I simply ate too much. The odor of a freshly baked gingerbread-man would send the remains of my dinner gushing out of my mouth onto the carpet.

P.S. As you may have thus deduced, I enjoy describing mildly unappetizing images.

P.P.S. Not that this actually matters, but I actually don't have a carpet. Oh well.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    INTJ

No. I just ate too much.
    Ah. Or that.

MBTI
    INTJ

No. I simply ate too much. The odor of a freshly baked gingerbread-man would send the remains of my dinner gushing out of my mouth onto the carpet.
    I hear you. I had a similar experience last night with Truffles. Amazing cure for a chocolaholic, if anyone has that particular problem. By the time the last truffle is coated in chocolate and rolled in sugar if you never smell chocolate again it will be too soon.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    I hear you. I had a similar experience last night with Truffles. Amazing cure for a chocolaholic, if anyone has that particular problem. By the time the last truffle is coated in chocolate and rolled in sugar if you never smell chocolate again it will be too soon.
    LOL! I know how you feel! My sister and I ate too many chocolate covered cherries one Christmas! Now all I have to do is smell one and I get a headache!