Default no link between austism and vaccines

In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I wish the general public knew more about this. I am the mother of two autistic boys and I am sick to death of hearing this theory based entirely upon dishonest research. It is also because of this damn theory and the people who religiously hold to it that I have been pretty much prevented from seeking emotional support from other parents of autistic children. They so very much want to obsess over what the pharmacudical companies are supposedly doing to our children and they won't hear any real facts. I just find myself getting more and more pissed off the more I talk with them rather than feeling the connection that I need to feel with them. It's hard because I already in many ways feel almost as alienated from the world as my poor boys are because people just don't understand what I'm going through. I'm not saying that I don't sympathize with those parents blaming their kid's condition on immunizations. I know that I myself wanted to find some reason why this had happened to my children and I hoped to God it wasn't something I had done to cause it. But living in a state of unreality really doesn't help me or anyone else with this issue. It just makes matters worse!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Autism Yesterday - Autism Is Reversible

holy FUCK! C'mon people!!! You're gonna put your INFANT child on a diet?!?!!?
    It's really interesting how the parent diagnosed their kids, not the professionals because professional can't be trusted.

more BS

Jenny McCarthy's Autism Organization - Generation Rescue

Caution flags that usually indicate shady offers
    The Federal Trade Commission, NASAA, and other experts note that phony sales pitches for scam investments (and most other phony business "opportunities') share these characteristics:

-The promotion/promoter promises you a high return or a better return on your money than any other investment you have.
    -They guarantee big profits in a short time.
    -They say the opportunity has "no risk" or "low risk".
    -They pressure you to act right now because the opportunity won't last or the "market is moving" or some other excuse.
    -They often play on your fears. They particularly target seniors by playing on such worries as not having enough income for catastrophic emergency medical costs or outliving retirement savings.
    https://www.ufcu.org/learning/privacy/scams/tips.php

This autism cure/reversing autism thing completely qualifies as a scam.

The psychopathic companies know very well that parents are cash cows when it comes to their children.

The #1 tip off of a scam is that they appeal to your fears and emotions for more than the first 50% of the pitch. They also discredit anyone who says that you (the potential buyer) is wrong. And when they do come up with the research, it sounds solid, but it completely flaky.

Just remember - all psychopaths need a sucker.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Ugh! I hate that stuff. I, too, have two sons with autism. They have it, IMO, because two weirdos bred. They are practically normal to us, but it's interfacing with other folks that trip them up.

I understand how parents with low-functioning children are willing to grasp at straws. It would be heartbreaking, but I don't even consider my sons as being more screwed up than average kids -- they are just screwed up differently.

I also hate the organizations that "advocate" for autism without any input from actual autistics. I'm all for learning how to help people with autism integrate smoothly and giving parents moral support, and increasing public awareness, but treating it like a horrid, tragic disease, when oftentimes, it doesn't have to be that big a deal so they can get money out of people . . . grrrr!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

My children are low functioning. They are 7 and 9 years old but are still mostly nonverbal and refuse to be toilet trained. Would I like something to grasp ahold of that would give me a comforting answer and a strategy to follow to improve how my children function? You betcha! But I'm not interested in lies!

My family's suffering has been compounded by all those snake oil salesmen out there with their gimmicks promising to remove the toxins in my children's bodies. I've tried some of them because I was desperate. I even refused to get my youngest child the shots that he needed for awhile because of the symptoms my oldest son was starting to show at the time. I feel I have been manipulated so many times by people preying on my fears and giving me false hope. There must be a special place in hell for such people!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by mockingbird View Post
    My children are low functioning. They are 7 and 9 years old but are still mostly nonverbal and refuse to be toilet trained. Would I like something to grasp ahold of that would give me a comforting answer and a strategy to follow to improve how my children function? You betcha! But I'm not interested in lies!

My family's suffering has been compounded by all those snake oil salesmen out there with their gimmicks promising to remove the toxins in my children's bodies. I've tried some of them because I was desperate. I even refused to get my youngest child the shots that he needed for awhile because of the symptoms my oldest son was starting to show at the time. I feel I have been manipulated so many times by people preying on my fears and giving me false hope. There must be a special place in hell for such people!
    That is really hard and there should be more support and less of that predatory crap. There is definitely a special place in hell for those people, IMO.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

mockingbird, I'm really impressed with your clarity. A lot of parents of autistic children simply can't reason through their grief. I think many of us go through a period of desperation where we're willing to try just about anything (I tried the GFCF diet for my son, and all it did was stress me out and frustrate him). But you didn't linger there; you came through it. Your children are lucky to have a mother who is focused on them rather than risking their safety to falsely salve her own pain.

Thanks for posting this article prpl. It's so refreshing to see that everyone who has posted here so far has seen through the hype.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

mockingbird, you're an amazing person. My nephew has Aspergers, ADHD, and a list of other things. I has been hard for all of us in the family. like Ivy said your clarity is astounding.
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Wow, thanks, Cafe, Ivy, and BRMC117. Sometimes I beat myself up a bit for not acting more rationally a lot sooner. It would have saved me a lot of frustration if I had. But then, maybe that was just the process that I had to go through. I try to remember that whenever another parent who is going through the same thing tries my patience. I'm mostly just upset now over those who manipulate people like me.
    I guess the best thing I can do is just share my experience and hope others can benefit from it.

Well, I have to sign off now actually because my kids are home from school. They got to ride therapy horses at school today. Now THAT actually helps. It helps them to connect with another creature, calms them, and builds their confidence. I would definately reccomend that therapy for autistic kids. It might not help every child, but you just have to find out whatever helps each individual child. Autism affects everyone differently and the symptoms can even vary greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Ugh! I hate that stuff. I, too, have two sons with autism. They have it, IMO, because two weirdos bred. They are practically normal to us, but it's interfacing with other folks that trip them up.

I understand how parents with low-functioning children are willing to grasp at straws. It would be heartbreaking, but I don't even consider my sons as being more screwed up than average kids -- they are just screwed up differently.
    You ladies have my admiration, too. But I was wondering if I may ask about the bolded. I watched a show once about "Unlocking Autism". The narrator of the show hinted darkly about something called "the shadow of autism", which wasn't some poetic term for life with autism, but something that is claimed to be a marker in the parents. The narrator then basically described introverted characteristics. Obviously it couldn't just be that. But honestly, it made me curious and alarmed. Have you ever heard about anything like this? Is this just more baseless hysteria?
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism