User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    From information I found from books. I've been reading up on it and Broda Barnes was the person who thought of the basal body temperature as a good indicator. How did I become interested, because my thyroid and adrenal glands are weakened and affect my physical and mental capacity. Through exploration of the subject understands why this continues to be an issue for many today.
    How are you doing now?

commence scattered thoughts

have you gone to the doctor and asked how thorough your previous tests were / if there is a point to doing a more thorough test?

ive had fluctuating hormone levels (both hypo- and hyper-) for the past 6+ years due to some autoimmune shit and it took forever to diagnose. I had radioablation treatment in may 09 and my quality of life has maximum improved since then.

hyperthyoidism sucks

generic hormone sucks basically

there have been times when I though I was in a period of hyper- due to insomnia and wild sleep schedules but I tested hypo-. conclusion is that I was crashing/sleeping so much + not exercising due to feeling like poo poo and therefore not getting tired -> stay up all night

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I don't know - I've read a bunch on the internet. Some of it matches and some doesn't. I have dry, pale skin, have been chronically tired ever since I was about 12 or so (even with more than average amounts of sleep), and am freezing cold all the time to the point where even my nose is cold (this also dates back to when I was still a young teenager). The problem is that all of these symptoms could be explained in many various ways. I think I will go back to my doctor, but it takes quite awhile to get any kind of tests done here. I've heard some thyroid sufferers are missing enough zinc. Have any of you heard of that?
    Have you ever been checked for hypoglycemia?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Haven't seen a doctor for a couple of years, so maybe I'll check those things out.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ ummm yes you should fidelia!

*gives you long hard stare for not taking proper care of yourself
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

There were no doctors where I lived for five years! And this year I was teaching every day the doctor was open, until now. Missing school is a lot of work!

Enneagram
    9w8

Only for the teachers.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

just came across this and wondering if you came to any conclusions?

Synapses advice was all great; if he hadn't have posted that i probably would've
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Went and got blood tests again and they registered as normal. Can't find out more without scheduling another appointment (usually would be 2 wks to a month long wait). Haven't done the thermometer thing yet (it's been a busy summer and I've been in lots of different places), so will do that before long for a better idea. Still cold a lot though. Been taking a multivitamin, so zinc should be covered.

My ankles have also been swelling like crazy, despite having a similar activity level to before. I've gained about 7 pounds despite eating better and almost cutting out Coke, which used to be a daily thing. Looks like I'm just retaining a lot of water in my legs especially. Maybe it's too much time at the computer, but I've been elevating them. I've always had bad circulation at the best of times. I have been taking a supplement thing that supposed to support thyroid, so we'll see if that impacts anything or not. I need to lose some weight and hopefully that will help as well.

I have hypothyreosis since I was 15. I didnt drink hormones until I was 19... it's never the same as when you dont have to drink them.

I know a lot about all this because i am in med school but really dont know what to say as very important, except drinking hormones, not eating 30 minutes before and after, and getting your blood checked regularly.
    Life expectancy is the same.