User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Default Diets that cause guilt

So. Im avoiding any major parties/get togethers that have huge spreads of food. I have a bit of trouble over eating, so I fix that with proper portioning. When I cook at home, I do really well.. but..

...When the UFC fight comes up and my sister makes fajitas and queso, and I don't want to go and stay home to eat spaghetti and stay on track, she doesn't quite understand.. and its hard to explain. "So just dont eat! come on over!" It's never so simple is it?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    So. Im avoiding any major parties/get togethers that have huge spreads of food. I have a bit of trouble over eating, so I fix that with proper portioning. When I cook at home, I do really well.. but..

...When the UFC fight comes up and my sister makes fajitas and queso, and I don't want to go and stay home to eat spaghetti and stay on track, she doesn't quite understand.. and its hard to explain. "So just dont eat! come on over!" It's never so simple is it?

This might sound weird but can you take a divided plate with you? Or a bento box or something to control the portions? I also have some of those trays with little areas for things, like kids use in a cafeteria. They work great for a buffet.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Only eat a boxful.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

One of the great advantages of a high-fat, low-carb, moderate protein diet relative to the popular low-fat diets is the ease with which one stays on it primarily due to the dramatic reduction in hunger/cravings one experiences. LF diets seem almost perversely designed to induce addictive and compulsive behaviors wrt to food...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

These are all good suggestions. I do have several bento boxes, but they're in storage still since all my kitchen stuff is tucked away when I moved back home.. Maybe I'll have to set some time digging them out and keep a set boxes in the car.

Eating out is another thing I have a problem with.. @-@.. I just <3 food so much.. And its funny because I honestly don't have a large appetite. I can cook a small portion meal and be satisfied entirely.. but then I just end up eating more than that from the loving-food end of the chart.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post

Only eat a boxful.

Exactly.

So cute.

I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    One of the great advantages of a high-fat, low-carb, moderate protein diet relative to the popular low-fat diets is the ease with which one stays on it primarily due to the dramatic reduction in hunger/cravings one experiences. LF diets seem almost perversely designed to induce addictive and compulsive behaviors wrt to food...
    +1 ketogenic/low carb is healthy and easy to make into a lifestyle. Its as easy as eggs and bacon for breakfast (if im on the go, I do cheese), meat and vegetables for dinner. Lunch is tough due to the propensity for everyone to want sandwiches. You can still enjoy the benefits even with 100g carbs a day though. Plenty to have a sandwich at lunch. Just ask yourself (goes to anyone) one question, where would have paleolithic man been able to forage the hundreds of grams of carbs a day that modern nutritionist recommend?

stay home to eat spaghetti and stay on track, she doesn't quite understand..
    I straight up laughed out loud. Since when is spaghetti healthy? Even in the world of the high carb US food pyramid, it takes like a 1000 kcals of spaghetti to fill me up (+ a nap)

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Whole wheat spaghetti with eggplant, onion, spices, some cooked turkey meat, and proper portioning is definitely healthy.

I just don't eat a bulldozer's worth the way you do apparently.

MBTI
    INTJ

Warrior diet
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    +1 ketogenic/low carb is healthy and easy to make into a lifestyle. Its as easy as eggs and bacon for breakfast (if im on the go, I do cheese), meat and vegetables for dinner. Lunch is tough due to the propensity for everyone to want sandwiches. You can still enjoy the benefits even with 100g carbs a day though. Plenty to have a sandwich at lunch. Just ask yourself (goes to anyone) one question, where would have paleolithic man been able to forage the hundreds of grams of carbs a day that modern nutritionist recommend?
    You have eggs and bacon every day?