User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Also- chemical chelation is a valid, Western/allopathic medical treatment. For heavy metal poisoning. Which autism is not. And chelation is extremely risky. Similarly, Lupron is a valid, Western/allopathic medical treatment... for hormonally fed cancers and in the treatment of sex offenders.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    crap

Umm....get your kids vaccinated. Need some reasons?

Measles:

Mumps:

Rubella:

Hepatitis B:

Personally, given the overwhelming benefits of immunizations being common knowledge, I consider eschewing childhood vaccinations as a form of neglect based on dangerous levels of ignorance plus poor judgment. But that's just my opinion.

I mean, it's kinda like denying global warming.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

This is the latest "granola" alternative to vaccines that is being promoted to parents who are confused about the etiology of autism and worried about vaccines:

Industrial chemical OSR#1 used as autism treatment - Los Angeles Times

An industrial chemical developed to help separate heavy metals from polluted soil and mining drainage is being sold as a dietary supplement by a luminary in the world of alternative autism treatments.

The supplement, called OSR#1, is described on the company website as an antioxidant not meant to treat any disease. But the site lists pharmacies and doctors who sell it to parents of children with autism, and the compound has been promoted to parents on popular autism websites.
    This shit just makes me mad, guys. I'm a total granola mom. But this shit just makes me mad.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Dunno maybe I'm just bored.

Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry

Thimerosal (ethylmercurithiosalicylic acid), an ethylmercury (EtHg)-releasing compound (49.55% mercury (Hg)), was used in a range of medical products for more than 70 years. Of particular recent concern, routine administering of Thimerosal-containing biologics/childhood vaccines have become significant sources of Hg exposure for some fetuses/infants. This study was undertaken to investigate cellular damage among in vitro human neuronal (SH-SY-5Y neuroblastoma and 1321N1 astrocytoma) and fetal (nontransformed) model systems using cell vitality assays and microscope-based digital image capture techniques to assess potential damage induced by Thimerosal and other metal compounds (aluminum (Al) sulfate, lead (Pb)(II) acetate, methylmercury (MeHg) hydroxide, and mercury (Hg)(II) chloride) where the cation was reported to exert adverse effects on developing cells. Thimerosal-associated cellular damage was also evaluated for similarity to pathophysiological findings observed in patients diagnosed with autistic disorders (ADs). Thimerosal-induced cellular damage as evidenced by concentration- and time-dependent mitochondrial damage, reduced oxidative-reduction activity, cellular degeneration, and cell death in the in vitro human neuronal and fetal model systems studied. Thimerosal at low nanomolar (nM) concentrations induced significant cellular toxicity in human neuronal and fetal cells. Thimerosal-induced cytoxicity is similar to that observed in AD pathophysiologic studies. Thimerosal was found to be significantly more toxic than the other metal compounds examined. Future studies need to be conducted to evaluate additional mechanisms underlying Thimerosal-induced cellular damage and assess potential co-exposures to other compounds that may increase or decrease Thimerosal-mediated toxicity.

Mercury on the Mind by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    crap

Also, OP reminds me of people who worry more about dying in a plane crash than a car wreck. You know, always sweating the most unlikely event and ignoring (or something?) the quite likely stuff. Intuition error.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Dunno maybe I'm just bored.
    Immunizations: Misconception #11

However, there are several reasons why concerns about the use of thimerosal in vaccines are misguided:
    • The amounts of mercury involved were very small.
    • No link between mercury and autism has been proven. If the thimerosal in vaccines caused mercury poisoning, the symptoms would affect all parts of the nervous system.
    • Autistic children do not have the movement disorders and peripheral nerve damage that that are characteristic of mercury poisoning.
    • There is no scientific evidence or logical reason to believe that autism has a toxic cause.
    The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has compared the incidence of autism with the amount of thimerosal received from vaccines. Preliminary results indicated no change in autism rates relative to the amount of thimerosal a child received during the first six months of life (from 0 micrograms to greater than 160 micrograms). A weak association was found with thimerosal intake and certain neurodevelopmental disorders (such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) in one study, but was not found in a subsequent study [4]. Additional studies are planned, but it is unlikely that any significant association will be found.

An Institute of Medicine (IOM) committee, which issued a comprehensive report in October 2001, found no proof of a link between thimerosal-containing vaccines and autism, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder, speech or language delays, or other neurodevelopmental disorders [5].

A study published in 2002 of infants who were 6 months of age or younger compared the levels of mercury in the blood, hair, urine, and stool of 40 who received vaccines containing thimerosal and 20 who received vaccines without thimerosal. The study found:
    • Mercury levels in blood and urine were low in all infants studied and in many cases too small to measure. There was no observed dose-dependent relationship between the level of thimerosal received through vaccination and the level of mercury in the body.
    • Mercury levels in blood did not exceed, at any time, the blood levels that correspond to Environmental Protection Agency guidelines for exposure.
    • Mercury levels in the stool of infants receiving vaccines containing thimerosal were relatively high compared to mercury levels in the stool of infants who were not exposed to thimerosal, providing evidence that mercury from thimerosal is eliminated in the stool of infants.

The researchers concluded that, "Administration of vaccines containing thiomersal does not seem to raise blood concentrations of mercury above safe values in infants." [6].

The use of chelation therapy to treat autistic children is completely bogus. Three successful lawsuits have been filed by parents who believe they were victimized in this way [7].
    [youtube="1tqxzWdKKu8"].[/youtube]

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

For some reason, all the vaccination conspiracy theory web sites look like they were put together back in 1997 by 12 year olds. It's messed up, every one is terrible. It just makes you think these people are a bunch of idiots.

New World Order 101: URGENT WARNING: H5N1 DNA in Flu Vaccine
    Conspiracy Planet - AIDS - AIDS: The WHO Vaccine Conspiracy & Monkey Business
    Population Control, New World Order Style
    THE VACCINATION HOAX
    VIDEO: The Swine Flu Vaccine Conspiracy

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

^I haven't checked them out, but I'm sure you are right. It reminds me of when my religious right neighbor zealout sent me an email expounding against the US voting on some law to make child abuse illegal via some UN proposal, which nearly every other country has signed, except us. The websites she sent were all quacky and paranoid. She was afraid in all of it, that she'd lose her right to spank her kids, because that is very important to her. The 'law' wouldn't even have been enforcable, it was just all a political stance, but the way some groups can get worked up is just........interesting to say the least.

I don't feel like that is how the OP presented the question. And I am not like that either, nor are most of the families I know, and/or have counseled. I LOVE the CDC, and hope to be a disease investigator someday. But there is a middle ground to be had, People. I am not about to put 30 foreign injections in my kids before the age of 2. Maybe some kids need that, but mine don't. I'm not a moron. Most of us are just informed parents, looking for the best alternative.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

A.g.a, part of the reason your children don't need the vaccines is that the rest of us get them. They are riding on herd immunity. But because vaccination rates are declining, some of the diseases are starting to return. We may not always have the luxury of thinking of this theoretically.