• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Napping!!!

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
How do you all feel about afternoon naps? I used to hate them cause they would just mess with my day and I'd be so tired after waking up and it would just be an overall hassle, but lately I've been pulling like 2 naps a day and it's been pretty sweet.

MMMMmmMMMMmm napping.
Is this an unhealthy sleep cycle in any way?

KDude

i try not to.. as much as i might wear myself out and want to sometimes, they screw up my sleeping cycle big time. i sleep about 6 hrs a day, no matter what.. so.. it's best if i do it all at once.

d4mselfly

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I can't bring myself to nap during the day unless I'm ill. I'll close by eyes and bow my head on the subway to "regenerate" or so to speak, but I can't fall asleep in public and I've never missed a stop even when I tune out because I'm still pretty in tune with my surroundings...

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I can't bring myself to nap during the day unless I'm ill. I'll close by eyes and bow my head on the subway to "regenerate" or so to speak, but I can't fall asleep in public and I've never missed a stop even when I tune out because I'm still pretty in tune with my surroundings...

I hate those people who sleep on the subway >;(

d4mselfly

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Ones who pretend to be asleep while taking up two or three seats with their crap or spread legs are even better.

d4mselfly

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
You can tell, sometimes, if they compensate for the train stopping or slowing down a little too well instead of slumping over into the nearest pole. :yes: :nerd:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I love naps. Right now my normal-ish schedule is to sleep from 11PM or 12AM to 4 or 5AM then around 8 or 9AM go back to sleep for 2-3 hours. I feel pretty good on that routine.

P

Phantonym

I haven't had a regular nap since I was 6 years old and forced to nap in the first grade. It completely screws up my sleep cycle and for me that's not healthy at all. I already know that if I feel the need to take a nap during the day and I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary that there's something wrong, usually depression related. But I know people who have done it regularly for all their lives and for them it's a good thing, even a necessity.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Napping? I don't even have a sleep cycle, let alone have time to nap. xD

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Luv to nap.

Especially with a cute nap partner. With me, often there is no sleep yet there is a relaxing of the eyes and excellent body rest.

If I could only find a couple of masseuses that could massage me and my cat at the same time on my patio.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't take them that often...but falling asleep on the couch midday with rain outside is nice...or on holidays after big meals when people are watching football...naps like that i like. :)

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
Luv to nap.

Especially with a cute nap partner. With me, often there is no sleep yet there is a relaxing of the eyes and excellent body rest.

If I could only find a couple of masseuses that could massage me and my cat at the same time on my patio.

MEOWWWWWW

D

Dali

Here where I am, they do the whole siesta thing. I get in a good 2-hour nap every single day. It's awesome. :D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
(1) I nap whenever I can. :yes:

(2) Years ago NASA reported that a 30-45 minute nap in the middle of a workday boosted afternoon productivity by a significant margin.

(3) As far as bodybuilding is concerned, muscles grow when you sleep, not in the gym. When I was in college, I worked out twice per day (AM weights, PM cardio) ate 6 meals per day, and took a 2 hour nap from noon until 2 PM. I did that for two years and was in the best shape of my life. I'd kill to have a schedule like that again.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always been an extremely low-energy sort of person. I get mentally exhausted pretty easily, which immediately goes into the physical exhaustion.

My sleep habits are kind of atrocious, but I'm not really sure what to do about that. Even when I do all the things I'm supposed to do...exercise, no caffeine, no naps during the day, set times to wake up and go to bed, etc... I'm exhausted all day long and then I still wind up getting this surge of energy out of nowhere around 10 or 11pm. And even when I'm super exhausted, it can still take me an hour or two to fall asleep. I wake up in the middle of the night a lot, too.

...so...yeah. Naps are pretty essential for me. I figure since I have so much trouble with sleeping, I'll take sleep whenever I can get it.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I love to nap and if ENFJ man is home to nap with me it's even better. Nothing too long, maybe 30 minutes to an hour. Unfortunately it's not as often as I'd like but both of us are night owls naturally and on the weekends in particular we like to lay down around noon.

Typology

MBTI Type
epyT
Enneagram
God I love napping, but it completely messes up my schedule.