User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Napping!!!

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Napping!!!

How do you all feel about afternoon naps? I used to hate them cause they would just mess with my day and I'd be so tired after waking up and it would just be an overall hassle, but lately I've been pulling like 2 naps a day and it's been pretty sweet.

MMMMmmMMMMmm napping.
    Is this an unhealthy sleep cycle in any way?

i try not to.. as much as i might wear myself out and want to sometimes, they screw up my sleeping cycle big time. i sleep about 6 hrs a day, no matter what.. so.. it's best if i do it all at once.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I can't bring myself to nap during the day unless I'm ill. I'll close by eyes and bow my head on the subway to "regenerate" or so to speak, but I can't fall asleep in public and I've never missed a stop even when I tune out because I'm still pretty in tune with my surroundings...

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by d4mselfly View Post
    I can't bring myself to nap during the day unless I'm ill. I'll close by eyes and bow my head on the subway to "regenerate" or so to speak, but I can't fall asleep in public and I've never missed a stop even when I tune out because I'm still pretty in tune with my surroundings...
    I hate those people who sleep on the subway >;(

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Ones who pretend to be asleep while taking up two or three seats with their crap or spread legs are even better.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

They're pretending????!!!

Wow I did not know people did that!!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

You can tell, sometimes, if they compensate for the train stopping or slowing down a little too well instead of slumping over into the nearest pole.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I love naps. Right now my normal-ish schedule is to sleep from 11PM or 12AM to 4 or 5AM then around 8 or 9AM go back to sleep for 2-3 hours. I feel pretty good on that routine.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Phantonym

I haven't had a regular nap since I was 6 years old and forced to nap in the first grade. It completely screws up my sleep cycle and for me that's not healthy at all. I already know that if I feel the need to take a nap during the day and I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary that there's something wrong, usually depression related. But I know people who have done it regularly for all their lives and for them it's a good thing, even a necessity.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Napping? I don't even have a sleep cycle, let alone have time to nap. xD
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf