First 1234 Last

Thread: Napping!!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I get sleep-related migraines, so I don't nap. They're very refreshing, and I'd love to be able to do so often, but if I sleep too little or too long, I've shot the rest of my day. I do tend to fall asleep on the bus sometimes, but I'm never out long enough for it to be beneficial.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

I have this skill! I take 20 minute naps. Often, they serve as life-savers. I love it. Somehow, my body knows when to wake up and it's usually in 20 minute increments. If I go much past 30-40 minutes though, it can lead to feeling MORE tired instead of less as intended. So, longer naps are for weekends where they are justified. 20 minute naps on a really long work day could make the difference between a great energetic presentation and my "I want to go home now" face. Better all around post-nap.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I like to nap during the train commute (around 30 minutes each way) to university. At home, it's harder, but I generally can do it if I've been very active (esp. after cycling training). I usually don't feel bad after a nap.

Also, it depends on the time of year. From March to November, when it's warm/hot outside at 1 PM, it's sometimes natural to feel like napping. During the winter, not so much.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP

Naps are the best. I wish I could take one every day.
    Something Witty

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    When I was in Spain, I loved taking the mid-day siesta. It seems weird not to do it.
    This is what I think of as well, because learning of the European (more Spanish, I suppose, but as it is), Spanish traditional way of going through the day... it just makes so much damn sense and feels good.

I've seen numerous studies as to how a midday nap (of a certain length) increases productivity by a large percentage, and frankly it simply assists in recharging.

Mmm, a spiced hot drink after napping on a cold day.

ThatGirl

I would rather sacrifice 30 min of my lunch break to sleep than go an entire day half assed. I nap everyday. This way I function at full capacity in increments on surprisingly little sleep.

Goes like this. Wake up (6am), morning day. Lunch nap (12 to 12:30), second work day. Meal break (5:00 to 5:30), school day (5:30 to 10:10pm). After 10 is my personal day. Usually to bed around midnight to 1am. Then back at it at six am.

I take sleep, when I get it, very seriously and get pissy with anyone who fucks with it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

I keep a pillow and blanket in the last drawer of my filing cabinet at work for precisely this purpose.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Anything involved with sleeping, including naps...

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    YaYa

Ok now there is proof. Lets have the Department of Labor make this shit mandatory.

02.22.2010 - An afternoon nap markedly boosts the brain

Ah shit, SPAMTAR beat me to it.