User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Default get me off my ass!

I used to be very active- running, hiking and rock climbing, with a little raquetball thrown in for when the weather was horrible- the exercize made me happy and motivated me to get off my ass and do the things that I needed to get done for the day and such.

Then I broke my kneecap chasing down my purse and my knee never healed back perfectly (probably my own damned fault because I hated my crutches and insisted on going hiking while wearing a leg immobilizer ) and most of my previous activities are a bit hampered- running loses its thrill when you run with a noticable limp, and rock climbing becomes dangerous when your knee occasionally locks up... and walking up anything steeper than a wheelchair ramp causes the knee to click at me in a disturbing way.

Since I lost these things I've kind of lost most of my mojo

Anyone have any suggestions for something FUN to do for exercize that I can actually DO? Remember- I have the attention span of a gnat!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

do what I do, be lazy accept your gonna die of a heart attack or a stroke at a younger age, then drink and be merry.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

It's amusing to imagine your purse running away. Perhaps you could chase gnats. Indoor rock climbing? Bench Press Competitions? Swimming?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I strike terror into the hearts of purse theives!

Problem? There's no real variety in gyms in the hood in which I live... used to have a membership to a nice one before I moved, where I'd spend an hour on the wall and then soak in the hot tub, but those options don't exist here, so since moving I've mostly taken joy in things I can do outside or in the house... I learned that after getting called "a classy ho" by a guy at the gym... as a complement

and I've tried that approach ms chickenz... it's driving me insane
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP

I can't stand gyms either.

I take my dogs to the beach every day and run with them.
    It's fun and easy.

Do you have a park or a route you could walk? I sometimes power walk my dogs to a park nearby and go around three times and then go home.

Enneagram
    9w8

Hey Whatever,

Do you want activities for the specific purpose of working out, or simply fun ways to be more active in general? That distinction would greatly alter my suggestions.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

a beach would be nice... closest that we have here at the moment is about a foot of snow (I watched the dog nearly get lost in it this morning!)

there's a nice path down by the canal, but that may have to wait for the snow to clear off first as well, since I remember it not getting plowed very promptly last year The dog would be delighted, of course!

MBTI
    INFP

I almost forgot about the 4 years I lived in a climate that changes!

Oh boy..

Pilates classes! Those KILL!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    Hey Whatever,

Do you want activities for the specific purpose of working out, or simply fun ways to be more active in general? That distinction would greatly alter my suggestions.
    I crave the feeling of my muscles actually getting to DO something, oddly enough

I'm not particularly interested in exercize for the purpose of weight loss, as I tend to maintain the same weight even if I become a lazy bum, but I just miss the sensation of getting to move I guess!

sorry for the disorganized answer

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I crave the feeling of my muscles actually getting to DO something, oddly enough
    Kegels?

i had a patellar tendon tear that took me out for 3.5 years. I got really depressed because I couldn't even go for a walk without pain. Try some yoga or swimming.