User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My rear is about the only place I have any padding.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    GONE

Hee hee, I'm tempted to crack a joke about 'junk in the trunk' but I'm sure your husband already tells you that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Hee hee, I'm tempted to crack a joke about 'junk in the trunk' but I'm sure your husband already tells you that.
    Not so much with words, but I get the impression were I wearing right pair of jeans, I could get him to follow me to the ends of the earth.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

I have really squared, manly shoulders xD...
    Pretty average otherwise...5' 7", 130lbs currently and 120-125lbs in summer when I lose muscle mass (LOL). 36C LOL I also have very long feet and hands...I wear size 9 1/2 to 11 in women's shoes @_@. So yeah...I'm pretty..huge.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    I have really squared, manly shoulders xD...
    Pretty average otherwise...5' 7", 130lbs currently and 120-125lbs in summer when I lose muscle mass (LOL). 36C LOL I also have very long feet and hands...I wear size 9 1/2 to 11 in women's shoes @_@. So yeah...I'm pretty..huge.
    Wow, you kids grow up FAST these days! Day-amn, we even have a lot of the same measurements (!!!). I have manly shoulders too. That's awesome you seem to also have the Brickhouse gene. Haahaha. You aren't huge, you have supermodel aspirations! You're very proportional, I couldn't tell at all from your pics how tall you are and you don't look 'huge' at all.

I was made very self-conscious in highschool since it was 95% Asian and the girls were very petite and always dieting. Actually, this describes the country I was living in too. My mom was always trying to get me on diets even when I was 5'7 and 125. The girls in my class averaged a good 4 inches shorter and 15-25 pounds less than me. Especially when I wore my green rain jacket, I felt like the Jolly Green Giant!!! My friends would even call me that hahahaah, those bastards.

Just take this as an old woman cheering on your growth spurt! We need more Irena Paevna types. There's nothing wrong at all with being petite, but
    I like being a sturdier built taller Asian woman. It's also helpful in martial arts and sports. My cousin is also very muscularly built, she's in middle school, is big enough to wear adult sized clothing, and a championship swimmer. I seriously think she's going to make it to the Olympics. Those broad shoulders really do come in handy.

BTW I was always the tallest person in my class (boys and girls) until the tweens hit. I was 5'5 by age 13 and only grew 2 inches more after that. I wanted to be taller though and would do special stretches and eat lots of calcium...

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    My dad was the scrawny one; the article claims this gene can only be passed on by mothers.

Although I was always a "normal" weight, when I got sick (think Africa + hair falling out + year of sleeping 24/7) I wasn't able to gain weight. And I still can't do it.

My mom is getting really concerned about me and keeps handing me juice/pop drinks/making me eat all the time (i'm literally not allowed to go to bed unless i've eaten a 2nd supper now, she's that concerned about my weight).

I'm sort of
    a) fascinated in the very INTJ way about how something as seemingly obvious as weight (input is related to what remains?) can be so dramatically different
    b) starting to get nervous over my inability to find a healthy weight like something might be wrong.
    You should look into hyperthyroidism. If you are really eating as much crap as you're saying you are there might be something wrong.
    A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is visible labour and there is invisible labour.
    -Victor Hugo

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    You're scrawnier than me.

My problem is that I didn't used to be this way before I got sick. I used to be able to get hipchecked on skates and hold my own against big guys (assuming it was a "nice, for a girl, not wearing hockey equipment" hipcheck instead of a guy to guy hipcheck in full dress) and now as soon as I get bumped into I go flying b/c I have nothing to hold me down.

Going from 128 lbs to 117ish (I top out aruond 120 now, but generally 117 lbs) is a huge difference in my ability to play sports or just lift things or something. I dislike being this scrawny.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    NOT plump! I'm 5'4 116lbs and look horrible if I drop any weight whatsoever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    The boobs are a plus though, and I wear average size clothes, but I just can't be skinny. The few times I have been, I've looked extremely sick just a few pounds down from my optimal weight.
    I think a lot of it depends on your bone structure, too. Someone with solid, thick bones is simply going to look skeletal, were they my weight and height. But with petite bones, you are fortunate enough to look slim, but still healthy.

And Usehername, I agree with gretch (and several others on here). Your weight doesn't seem healthy for you. There may well be some underlying condition, though I don't know enough (read: anything) about those sorts of things to suggest anything you might look into. :/
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    I think a lot of it depends on your bone structure, too. Someone with solid, thick bones is simply going to look skeletal, were they my weight and height. But with petite bones, you are fortunate enough to look slim, but still healthy.
    I think this is very true. I have a very small frame and can have a few curves while not weighing much. My husband has a large, sturdy frame and looks very nice at a weight the chart in the doctor's office calls overweight.
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP

Are you on any vitamin supplements, Ushername? I hope you keep pushing your doctor to keep looking into your weight loss issues. Gretch, hyperthyroidism is something that came to my mind, too. My mom suffers from hypothyroidism, and a friend of mine suffers from hyperthyroidism.

I'm the short stuff in my family: 5'2
    Currently, I'm proportionally built and curvey in the right places.

When I was younger, I was sturdy and athletic, and I hated my weight (110)! I had slim hips, so I always thought I looked like a boy (well, I had slim hips until I had children).

Thankfully, I am now happy with my size and shape, even though I weigh a lot more than I did back then. It's funny how time has helped me accept my body image.

I can't imagine wanting to be "skinny" on purpose like the models I see on the runways.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    INFP

Then next time I want to render a room full of women instantly insecure, I will be sure to mention this gene.