User Tag List

First 1234 Last

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Yeah, I'm not sure about the mother thing, my dad was the skinny one, too. Though he's fairly broad-shouldered and tall, and he's filled out more now, when he was in his 20s he was skinny as! My mother is of normal weight, also tall-ish.

I'm about 5'7" (shorter than both of them), and weigh just under 110 lbs. I've always been this way, and no matter what junk I eat, or how much I consume, I don't gain any weight. (Although normally I simply don't have room for very large portions in the first place.)

My sister (18) is Mom's build. Maybe an inch shorter than me, she's a few sizes bigger, but well within the range of normal.

And my brother (14), is a beanpole. He's in that sprouty stage, but he's as broad-shouldered and will probably be as tall and as skinny as Dad is.

So, I dunno.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure about the mother thing, my dad was the skinny one, too. Though he's fairly broad-shouldered and tall, and he's filled out more now, when he was in his 20s he was skinny as! My mother is of normal weight, also tall-ish.

I'm about 5'7" (shorter than both of them), and weigh just under 110 lbs. I've always been this way, and no matter what junk I eat, or how much I consume, I don't gain any weight. (Although normally I simply don't have room for very large portions in the first place.)

My sister (18) is Mom's build. Maybe an inch shorter than me, she's a few sizes bigger, but well within the range of normal.

And my brother (14), is a beanpole. He's in that sprouty stage, but he's as broad-shouldered and will probably be as tall and as skinny as Dad is.

So, I dunno.
    You're scrawnier than me.

My problem is that I didn't used to be this way before I got sick. I used to be able to get hipchecked on skates and hold my own against big guys (assuming it was a "nice, for a girl, not wearing hockey equipment" hipcheck instead of a guy to guy hipcheck in full dress) and now as soon as I get bumped into I go flying b/c I have nothing to hold me down.

Going from 128 lbs to 117ish (I top out aruond 120 now, but generally 117 lbs) is a huge difference in my ability to play sports or just lift things or something. I dislike being this scrawny.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I'm 5'6'', and have been between 110-115 for about 11 years now.

When I was younger, and also while in college, I ate a lot, and it didn't really matter how much I ate; I didn't gain much weight to speak of (aside from a couple of pounds in college from alcohol).

In my 20's, I have made it a point to eat healthy, and I think if I didn't eat relatively healthy/balanced diets, especially the past yr or two, I would weigh more than I do.

It's certainly mostly been genetics up til this point, but from here on out, I think diet will play a much greater role in maintaining my weight.

When in teens and college, I was more of a bony skinny; now, I'm a very lean/muscular skinny. I think the climbing has a bit to do with that. I tone pretty easily.

My mom's side of the family is stockier, although my mom was the thinnest of all of them. Women on her side though definitely tend to put the weight on as they age.

My dad's side of the family is very dainty and small. Since physically I look much like my grandmother on my Dad's side, I'm hoping physically I age like her too. She was incredibly petite up til her death.

MBTI
    WOLF

I really hope you get checked out properly and figure out what, if anything, is wrong usehername.

On the article:
    I'm thinking that I should have boys and see if I couldn't pass my robust figure on to them instead of giving it to little girls.

The boobs are a plus though, and I wear average size clothes, but I just can't be skinny. The few times I have been, I've looked extremely sick just a few pounds down from my optimal weight.

GirlAmerica

I am 5'11 and wear a 14.
    I cant imagine wearing a 6 or 8 at my height. That would be insanity.

I am curvy...not fat nor skinny.
    Their sizes and weight just blow my mind. I have to watch my diet as it is...especially as I approach 40...they literally must eat like birds!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Ugh! Yes it would be. The 32As I wore for years were findable, but usually in the girls department.
    Oh, yes. :cough: 32B :cough:

I feel so...plump. 5'4", 115-120 pounds.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    Oh, yes. :cough: 32B :cough:

I feel so...plump. 5'4", 115-120 pounds.
    NOT plump! I'm 5'4 116lbs and look horrible if I drop any weight whatsoever!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    GONE

I have the opposite gene. It's called the 'Brickhouse' gene. It's not uncommon amongst my people, I attribute it to our Mongolian ancestry or Ghengis Khan, or whoever had the genes that made the really big brawny Asians who conquered the rest of Asia. Hahaha. It's why we're so good at short track speed skating now. Hahaha. Basically I have a swimmer's build and I was never meant to be thin.

Luckily in America in this day and age, it's considered attractive to have a little padding in the 'feminine areas'. Since losing weight though, I swear I can only sit at a school desk for 10 minutes before my bony ass starts hurting... And my ass would still be considered big if I were back in the country of my birth.

Also, sizes are very misleading in themselves. I am 5'7 and a size 6, up to a couple months ago I was size 4. But doing casting calls with actresses who also list size 4, there is quite a difference in our shapes and builds, partially this is due to (even slight) height differences, but really comes down to genetics and composition. 2 people of the same height and weight can still have very different builds.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I have practically no ass.
    I'm proportionately light and an ectomorph.
    Sitting on a hard stuff does hurt like hell.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Sitting on a hard stuff does hurt like hell.
    Oh, yes.

"lay on the floor and do some exercise that requires all your weight to rest on your ass"

That hurt.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments