User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Shampoo free?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I still like the WEN. I did have to take a break from it, though- my hair would get stiff after a day, and I normally go at least two days between washings. But if I throw in a regular shampooing every couple of weeks it resets the clock. I probably just need to get a different formula of WEN- the one I have is the Tea Tree Oil one. I'd still like to try Hair One.

That Philip B stuff better cook dinner and clean the house at that price!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I still like the WEN. I did have to take a break from it, though- my hair would get stiff after a day, and I normally go at least two days between washings. But if I throw in a regular shampooing every couple of weeks it resets the clock. I probably just need to get a different formula of WEN- the one I have is the Tea Tree Oil one. I'd still like to try Hair One.

That Philip B stuff better cook dinner and clean the house at that price!
    I've noticed from talking to a lot of shampoo-free curly haired women that some people just need a good shampooing to re-set every once in a while.

I've tried the Sweet Almond Mint and Pomegranate kinds, and this time I ordered Lavender, b/c I hear it's good for fine hair. Will let y'all know!
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Has anyone done the bicarb/apple cider vinegar thing? I think I'm going to try it.

Honestly, anyone who's trying a variation on shampoo-free, I'd be interested to read updates and feedback.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by burymecloser View Post
    Has anyone done the bicarb/apple cider vinegar thing? I think I'm going to try it.

Honestly, anyone who's trying a variation on shampoo-free, I'd be interested to read updates and feedback.
    I think a few folks were talking about it upthread. My sister tried it and it kinda took all the shine out of her hair. Her hairdresser noticed and asked her what she'd been doing. Others have done okay with it. I don't think I'd ACV it with every washing, though.

My hair's so processed that it'd be like straw if I didn't drown it in conditioner, so I've been too scared to try anything too experimental.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Coconut oil could be an interesting addition to a shampoo-free regimen. I guess.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I've done the apple cider vinegar thing, but my hair felt pretty greasy still and not extra shiny, nor did it bring out the red highlights. I don't think it did any harm, but it wasn't a fix for me.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

My hair is beginning to get dry from shampooing and I hate it. I'd like to stop it before I lose shine. The problem is I can't go more than 2 days without shampooing though or it gets gross, so I don't know what the solution is yet.

Are you guys using the WEN cleansing conditioner? Maybe I'll try that.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    My hair is beginning to get dry from shampooing and I hate it. I'd like to stop it before I lose shine. The problem is I can't go more than 2 days without shampooing though or it gets gross, so I don't know what the solution is yet.

Are you guys using the WEN cleansing conditioner? Maybe I'll try that.
    Yep--it's made a big difference in my hair. Try it, and see how you like it.
    Something Witty

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Does the WEN stuff "last" longer than regular shampoo? My hair tends to look noticeably greasy about 24hours after washing, even though I don't use conditioner above my neckline. I usually get lazy and put it in a ponytail for the second day but it's irritating. I don't want to wash it every day since it takes forever to dry (very fine, very straight and quite long)
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Does the WEN stuff "last" longer than regular shampoo? My hair tends to look noticeably greasy about 24hours after washing, even though I don't use conditioner above my neckline. I usually get lazy and put it in a ponytail for the second day but it's irritating. I don't want to wash it every day since it takes forever to dry (very fine, very straight and quite long)
    It does for a lot of people. I remember when I first went from shampoo to WEN, my hair was oiler faster, but then it adjusted and I can go 2, sometimes 3 days before it needs washing again.
    Something Witty