Thread: Shampoo free?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I have very fine hair (but a fair amount of it) and used to wash it every other day (sometimes even every 3), but switched to every day shampooing (normal drugstore brands) and it actually looks way better - those people who say you aren't supposed to wash every day apparently aren't right for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    i have really fine hair and if i don't wash it, it gets disgusting.
    Ditto the above. I have very fine hair and a lot of it, and it's so naturally oiled that dying my hair makes it look fantastic.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I have very fine hair (but a fair amount of it) and used to wash it every other day (sometimes even every 3), but switched to every day shampooing (normal drugstore brands) and it actually looks way better - those people who say you aren't supposed to wash every day apparently aren't right for everyone. It was way WAY too greasy on the non-wash days, I don't know how I did it for so long - my mom always said I'd destroy my hair with daily washes, but she was totally wrong.
    Almost exactly all of this for me, and yeah, every day really is better. It just gets too greasy, lank and nasty in between.

I am making up for most of my life not dyeing my hair at all, now for a few years having heavy-duty highlights so I'm basically a blonde instead of a brunette. I'm sure bleaching my hair is not the best for it but honestly, having highlights, spending a tiny bit more time blow-drying it (though really very little still) and using better-quality shampoo and conditioner has made it look the best it ever has.

I like thickening shampoos because my hair is so fine, but given that I live in a city with extremely hard water as well, and the bleach in the highlights, that is perhaps a little too harsh for all the time. Lately I've been using moisturizing shampoos more again but the thickening ones do give it good texture and body.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

If I wash my hair everyday, it frizzes, dries out, and looks awful. If I don't wash it at all, it looks oily and clumps together into strands. It looks best in between these two phases. Currently I wash it every 3-4 days. I'm going to experiment with a couple techniques at home and see what works for it. I'd like something cheaper and simpler than shampoo, but I've yet to find anything that makes the hair smell nearly as good.

A part of me wants to try no-shampoo because I know it's better for the hair, gets it just as clean, and is way way cheaper and more natural.
    A part of me likes my hair smelling so good, and the convenience of (still quite cheap) shampoo and conditioner, and how readily available and easily accessed it is (as well as the traveling bonus) that shampoo/conditioner trumps it.

I'll probably give no shampoo a try in the future, no doubt. But currently, solid shampoos are the only rivals in terms of price and convenience with traditional stuff, and they still require vinegar rinses that are annoying and smell bad to use (although the smell does indeed go away entirely when dry.)
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge