• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eczema

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
So the weather is getting cold here and even with our high humidity it's gotten dryer than normal. And for the last few years, maybe 4 or 5 I have been getting dry itchy patches on my eye lids, they are so uncomfortable and prevent me from wearing make up yet I need my mascara, anyone have any idea on what will help?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You might try a little olive oil. I know, that sounds gross, but nothing works so well. I'm serious. I have to deal with dry skin 24/7/365 because of Sjogrens syndrome, so I know how irritating it can be.

The oil will absorb in 10 to 15 minutes and I've never had trouble applying make-up over it. Takes down inflammation and kicks dry skin in the pants.

Just a suggestion!

Note: These patches aren't caused by the make-up itself, are they? Like contact dermatitis? You haven't changed your make-up brand lately?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
On your eye lids? Wow, I usually only get it on my arms and legs so I just toss aloe lotion on it nice and thick after a shower and rub it in.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eczema please. The other spelling kinda makes my eyes bleed a little.

I find aloe vera gel works best for me for a pure moisturizer, sometimes in combination with a silicone-based moisturizer which doesn't evaporate in the cold dry air.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
I don't wear a lot of make up and full face make up is rare, it's normally mascara and occasionally eyeliner, I am allergic to purple eyeliners though.....

yes it's just mostly my eyelids and it's only in the winter months

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
I worry though about what I put on my eyes, it is my eyes after all and they are super super super sensitive

my facial allergies are more apparent than my other skin allergies

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The skin on the eye is some of the most sensitive on the body. I have to be very mindful of my eyes myself (can't use but one kind of mascara, and certain eyeliners are trouble too).

I imagine that the problem with the purple eyeliner might have something to do with beetle extracts?

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
I've always had mild allergies and sensitive skin on my face, but with the birth of my 3rd child my body chemistry changed. I use to have straight hair that I permed and now it's curly, I never had eczema before either. But with his pregnancy so much changed.

G

GirlAmerica

I just happened to see the thread topic and have been studying some things on line for my friend who is sick with cancer.
I have been reading today about something that is supposedly very well known and used in Europe (???? maybe someone here can tell us more)...
anyhow...here is what I have been looking into...

Dr Johanna Budwig diet
Cancer, Arthritis, Multiple sclerosis, Psoriasis, Eczema, Acne, ...

Flaxseed oil and cottage cheese

Six time nobel award nominated doctor says this essential nutrient combination actually prevents and cures cancer!

Cancer cure Dr. Budwig Diet, Flax seed oil And Cottage cheese

Usehername

On a mission
I worry though about what I put on my eyes, it is my eyes after all and they are super super super sensitive

my facial allergies are more apparent than my other skin allergies

Is this actually eczema, or is it the term you're using for "super super super sensitive" eyes?

I don't have eczema. I do have "super super super sensitive" eyes, though. I was using cold cream and toilet paper to remove my eye makeup until i was 17, but I'd have to go a month or two without makeup every few weeks of using it because they'd get all swollen and red and itchy.
(I have since learned to use cotton makeup pads and all is fine now.)

I have to bring my own pillowcase when I sleep over at someone else's place. Last year I forgot when I spent the night at my grandparents' place and woke up with what looked like pink eye (without the pus) that took almost the whole day to disappear.

I also cannot use kleenex on my eyes if I'm crying; the eyelid flap swells and loses its proper crinkliness and is awfully itchy.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
well when the weather gets colder I get a red itchy inflamed dry flaky spot on my eye lids, it's at the crease nearest my nose

that aside they are sensitive

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Winter is really bad for that stuff. My oldest daughter's hands get dry and cracked and the nosebleeds start as soon as the heat goes on in the winter. It's like clockwork.

We've tried different stuff for the hands. I think the thing she likes best so far is the Cetaphil I got her last week. Her hands look a little better. It's supposed to be hypoallergenic, etc.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
It might sound kind of obvious, but I use a vaporizer in the house in the winter time. It puts humidity back into the air and really helps with my allergies and nosebleeds.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Along with PinkPiranha's suggestion -- the DHC line of skincare products is based on pure olive oil, so you don't have to mess with the thick made for cooking kind. People swear by it, especially sensitive, dry, and mature skin types. I have used it myself and it's never caused an allergic reaction on me but I have the opposite skin type --very oily so it doesn't do much for me.

For badly chapped or irritated hands, there is a German hand cream that works great. It's in a green tube and they sell it at Sally's beauty stores...I can't remember the name right now. It may smell a little funny but it absorbs very fast and acts as a bit of a barrier as well.

As for the sensitive eyes, I have sensitive eye*balls* I know that sounds gross, but I had laser vision correction so I have chronically very dry eyes (sometimes painfully so) and I'm a bit paranoid about eye make-up. All that tugging with eyeliner and removal really take a toll (not to mention accelerate wrinkles). I didn't start wearing eye make up as much until after the lasers.

Now I try to use Almay eye makeup, as that seems to be the only company who really goes out of their way to make 'safe for sensitive eyes/contact lense wearers' grade make-up. For removal, I try not to tug and instead use a cream or oil based cleanser and just glop it on my closed eyes and tap it in and wash off with lukewarm.

Eyeliner and mascara are especially tricky, and will not totally come off with just washing off. I use a cotton swab with petroleum jelly or other 'eye safe' gel/cream/oil and dab it on, let it sit, then dab it off.

But honestly, if I see any redness in my eyelids after make-up removal I give it a rest for at least a few days.

I've heard that professional actors develop a lot of skin problems over the years due to constant, prolonged, and heavy use of makeup (especially cream/grease stage makeup)

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
targo.....:hug: excema is an horrific condition, as is asthma, and any allergies.

i'm not a doctor but,(but i do study eastern medicine) i have a daughter that suffers with allergic reactions very very badly. herbs (and 'herbalistic creams')can help, but be careful that they do not contain steroids. steroids damage the blood vessels and thinnen the skin.

the only cure i have known,(and i've tried everything for 8 years), is a diet. an ancient simple way of living, based on whole grains,beans, seeds and nuts ,vegetables, and fruit in season. organic. and well water. thats the basic diet but it can be modified with certain condiments, its named the macrobiotic diet and is not really a diet though it has taken on this term, but rather a way of life.

my daughter is excema free.
hope it helps.

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
Winter is really bad for that stuff. My oldest daughter's hands get dry and cracked and the nosebleeds start as soon as the heat goes on in the winter. It's like clockwork.

We've tried different stuff for the hands. I think the thing she likes best so far is the Cetaphil I got her last week. Her hands look a little better. It's supposed to be hypoallergenic, etc.

hi cafe....sounds like shes got a similar type ectopic excema to my daughter, which flares more in winter if i let go of the diet.. start feeding her warming foods like soups, stews, root vegetables and based on whole foods in season. sugar, artificial sweetners,fruit, yeast, yogurt,chocolat, salad stuff, will make it worse.

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
So the weather is getting cold here and even with our high humidity it's gotten dryer than normal. And for the last few years, maybe 4 or 5 I have been getting dry itchy patches on my eye lids, they are so uncomfortable and prevent me from wearing make up yet I need my mascara, anyone have any idea on what will help?

Fish oil. Vitamin D and treating your thyroid. Seriously.