User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Eczema

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Default Eczema

So the weather is getting cold here and even with our high humidity it's gotten dryer than normal. And for the last few years, maybe 4 or 5 I have been getting dry itchy patches on my eye lids, they are so uncomfortable and prevent me from wearing make up yet I need my mascara, anyone have any idea on what will help?
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

You might try a little olive oil. I know, that sounds gross, but nothing works so well. I'm serious. I have to deal with dry skin 24/7/365 because of Sjogrens syndrome, so I know how irritating it can be.

The oil will absorb in 10 to 15 minutes and I've never had trouble applying make-up over it. Takes down inflammation and kicks dry skin in the pants.

Just a suggestion!

Note: These patches aren't caused by the make-up itself, are they? Like contact dermatitis? You haven't changed your make-up brand lately?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

On your eye lids? Wow, I usually only get it on my arms and legs so I just toss aloe lotion on it nice and thick after a shower and rub it in.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Eczema please. The other spelling kinda makes my eyes bleed a little.

I find aloe vera gel works best for me for a pure moisturizer, sometimes in combination with a silicone-based moisturizer which doesn't evaporate in the cold dry air.

MBTI
    enfp

I don't wear a lot of make up and full face make up is rare, it's normally mascara and occasionally eyeliner, I am allergic to purple eyeliners though.....

yes it's just mostly my eyelids and it's only in the winter months
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    enfp

I worry though about what I put on my eyes, it is my eyes after all and they are super super super sensitive

my facial allergies are more apparent than my other skin allergies
    Jung Test Results

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

The skin on the eye is some of the most sensitive on the body. I have to be very mindful of my eyes myself (can't use but one kind of mascara, and certain eyeliners are trouble too).

I imagine that the problem with the purple eyeliner might have something to do with beetle extracts?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    enfp

I've always had mild allergies and sensitive skin on my face, but with the birth of my 3rd child my body chemistry changed. I use to have straight hair that I permed and now it's curly, I never had eczema before either. But with his pregnancy so much changed.
    Jung Test Results

GirlAmerica

I just happened to see the thread topic and have been studying some things on line for my friend who is sick with cancer.
    I have been reading today about something that is supposedly very well known and used in Europe (???? maybe someone here can tell us more)...
    anyhow...here is what I have been looking into...

Dr Johanna Budwig diet
    Cancer, Arthritis, Multiple sclerosis, Psoriasis, Eczema, Acne, ...

Flaxseed oil and cottage cheese

Six time nobel award nominated doctor says this essential nutrient combination actually prevents and cures cancer!
    Cancer cure Dr. Budwig Diet, Flax seed oil And Cottage cheese

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    I worry though about what I put on my eyes, it is my eyes after all and they are super super super sensitive

my facial allergies are more apparent than my other skin allergies
    Is this actually eczema, or is it the term you're using for "super super super sensitive" eyes?

I don't have eczema. I do have "super super super sensitive" eyes, though. I was using cold cream and toilet paper to remove my eye makeup until i was 17, but I'd have to go a month or two without makeup every few weeks of using it because they'd get all swollen and red and itchy.
    (I have since learned to use cotton makeup pads and all is fine now.)

I have to bring my own pillowcase when I sleep over at someone else's place. Last year I forgot when I spent the night at my grandparents' place and woke up with what looked like pink eye (without the pus) that took almost the whole day to disappear.

I also cannot use kleenex on my eyes if I'm crying; the eyelid flap swells and loses its proper crinkliness and is awfully itchy.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis