User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Eczema

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

well when the weather gets colder I get a red itchy inflamed dry flaky spot on my eye lids, it's at the crease nearest my nose

that aside they are sensitive
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Winter is really bad for that stuff. My oldest daughter's hands get dry and cracked and the nosebleeds start as soon as the heat goes on in the winter. It's like clockwork.

We've tried different stuff for the hands. I think the thing she likes best so far is the Cetaphil I got her last week. Her hands look a little better. It's supposed to be hypoallergenic, etc.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

It might sound kind of obvious, but I use a vaporizer in the house in the winter time. It puts humidity back into the air and really helps with my allergies and nosebleeds.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    GONE

Along with PinkPiranha's suggestion -- the DHC line of skincare products is based on pure olive oil, so you don't have to mess with the thick made for cooking kind. People swear by it, especially sensitive, dry, and mature skin types. I have used it myself and it's never caused an allergic reaction on me but I have the opposite skin type --very oily so it doesn't do much for me.

For badly chapped or irritated hands, there is a German hand cream that works great. It's in a green tube and they sell it at Sally's beauty stores...I can't remember the name right now. It may smell a little funny but it absorbs very fast and acts as a bit of a barrier as well.

As for the sensitive eyes, I have sensitive eye*balls* I know that sounds gross, but I had laser vision correction so I have chronically very dry eyes (sometimes painfully so) and I'm a bit paranoid about eye make-up. All that tugging with eyeliner and removal really take a toll (not to mention accelerate wrinkles). I didn't start wearing eye make up as much until after the lasers.

Now I try to use Almay eye makeup, as that seems to be the only company who really goes out of their way to make 'safe for sensitive eyes/contact lense wearers' grade make-up. For removal, I try not to tug and instead use a cream or oil based cleanser and just glop it on my closed eyes and tap it in and wash off with lukewarm.

Eyeliner and mascara are especially tricky, and will not totally come off with just washing off. I use a cotton swab with petroleum jelly or other 'eye safe' gel/cream/oil and dab it on, let it sit, then dab it off.

But honestly, if I see any redness in my eyelids after make-up removal I give it a rest for at least a few days.

I've heard that professional actors develop a lot of skin problems over the years due to constant, prolonged, and heavy use of makeup (especially cream/grease stage makeup)

MBTI
    ENFP

targo..... excema is an horrific condition, as is asthma, and any allergies.

i'm not a doctor but,(but i do study eastern medicine) i have a daughter that suffers with allergic reactions very very badly. herbs (and 'herbalistic creams')can help, but be careful that they do not contain steroids. steroids damage the blood vessels and thinnen the skin.

the only cure i have known,(and i've tried everything for 8 years), is a diet. an ancient simple way of living, based on whole grains,beans, seeds and nuts ,vegetables, and fruit in season. organic. and well water. thats the basic diet but it can be modified with certain condiments, its named the macrobiotic diet and is not really a diet though it has taken on this term, but rather a way of life.

my daughter is excema free.
    hope it helps.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Winter is really bad for that stuff. My oldest daughter's hands get dry and cracked and the nosebleeds start as soon as the heat goes on in the winter. It's like clockwork.

We've tried different stuff for the hands. I think the thing she likes best so far is the Cetaphil I got her last week. Her hands look a little better. It's supposed to be hypoallergenic, etc.
    hi cafe....sounds like shes got a similar type ectopic excema to my daughter, which flares more in winter if i let go of the diet.. start feeding her warming foods like soups, stews, root vegetables and based on whole foods in season. sugar, artificial sweetners,fruit, yeast, yogurt,chocolat, salad stuff, will make it worse.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by GirlAmerica View Post
    I just happened to see the thread topic and have been studying some things on line for my friend who is sick with cancer.
    I have been reading today about something that is supposedly very well known and used in Europe (???? maybe someone here can tell us more)...
    anyhow...here is what I have been looking into...

Cancer cure Dr. Budwig Diet, Flax seed oil And Cottage cheese
    hi GA. please check your PM

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    So the weather is getting cold here and even with our high humidity it's gotten dryer than normal. And for the last few years, maybe 4 or 5 I have been getting dry itchy patches on my eye lids, they are so uncomfortable and prevent me from wearing make up yet I need my mascara, anyone have any idea on what will help?
    Fish oil. Vitamin D and treating your thyroid. Seriously.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.