User Tag List

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Diet & tips for mental work?

What kind of a diet would give the best nutrition for heavy, extended mental work? I've thought I would have to eat slow carbs a lot during the day, caffeine in moderate amounts, and to avoid food that makes one tired. This means, no meat+potato combination, avoiding animal fat, sugar.

I'm interested of other factors as well. Motivation is extremely important, but one can self-motivate if there is something to motivate about. Often a lack of motivation to something is a good clue to the fact that the job in question shouldn't really be done in the first place, at least for me.

I sometimes use what I think of as a P-style workflow as well. At least, it's my P-style of work. I might drink moderately, and alternate playing games and doing the work. I need it for some kinds of tasks where good mood and creativity is paramount, like evaluating some graphics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I think really good sleep is very important, also some breaks with human interaction, if you're an extravert especially.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Yeah, INTJ speak of a "curse" for someone to need people, I have some of that. Then again, people are readily available, so it's not that much of an impediment. But yes.

I might add a walk outside on a sunny day to the list of tips.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    What kind of a diet would give the best nutrition for heavy, extended mental work? I've thought I would have to eat slow carbs a lot during the day, caffeine in moderate amounts, and to avoid food that makes one tired. This means, no meat+potato combination, avoiding animal fat, sugar.

I'm interested of other factors as well. Motivation is extremely important, but one can self-motivate if there is something to motivate about. Often a lack of motivation to something is a good clue to the fact that the job in question shouldn't really be done in the first place, at least for me.

I sometimes use what I think of as a P-style workflow as well. At least, it's my P-style of work. I might drink moderately, and alternate playing games and doing the work. I need it for some kinds of tasks where good mood and creativity is paramount, like evaluating some graphics.
    High protein esp. animal protein, high fat esp. saturated animal fat, moderate to very low carb depending on metabolism.

Some books:

Amazon.com: The Brain Trust Program: A Scientifically Based Three-Part Plan to Improve Memory, Elevate Mood, EnhanceAttention, Alleviate Migraine and Menopausal Symptoms, and Boost Mental (9780399534546): Larry McCleary: Books

Amazon.com: The Mood Cure: The 4-Step Program to Take Charge of Your Emotions--Today (9780142003640): Julia Ross: Books

Amazon.com: The Diet Cure (9780140286526): Julia Ross: Books

Amazon.com: The Primal Blueprint: Reprogram your genes for effortless weight loss, vibrant health, and boundless energy (9780982207703): Mark Sisson: Books

Amazon.com: The Vegetarian Myth: Food, Justice, and Sustainability (9781604860801): Lierre Keith: Books

MBTI
    no
    Enneagram
    no
    Socionics
    no

Default hi

cutting down caloric rich food in college can teen is best diet tips for ever.

As far as diet goes, I would say eat as much real food as you can. Avoid foods with additives, preservatives, HFCS, enriched or refined grains, processed and fast food. All of that stuff will bog you down. Instead go for nutrient rich foods like whole grains and fresh fruits and vegetables.

Senior Member ObliviousExistence's Avatar
    MBTI
    loco
    Enneagram
    5W4

egg yolks(high in lecithin), oily fish (tuna, salmon, anchovies etc.), green leafy vegetable(rich in folate), Cruciferous vegetables
    11 Brain Boosters - 1 - MSN Health & Fitness - Alzheimer's Disease Slide Show
    Top 5 vitamins &minerals to boost brainpower @ MedicineNet.com
    Brain Food

Banned

1. Build Confidence

Identify your abilities and weaknesses together, accept them build on them and do the best with what you have.

2. Eat right, Keep fit

A balanced diet, exercise and rest can help you to reduce stress and enjoy life.

3. Make Time for Family and Friends

These relationships need to be nurtured; if taken for granted they will not be there to share life's joys and sorrows.

4. Give and Accept Support

Friends and family relationships thrive when they are "put to the test".

5. Create a Meaningful Budget

Financial problems cause stress. Over-spending on our "wants" instead of our "needs" is often the culprit.