• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How often do you work out?

How often do you workout?

• Exercise, wtf is that?

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • 1-2 times a week

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • 3-4 times a week

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • 5+ times a week

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters

stardancer

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am just curious what everyone's exercise habits are like. I work out at the gym 3x a week (totally being a slacker since the holidays though), plus dance 40 min shows approx 2 nights a week, and dance class 2x a week. I wonder if the amount of exercise people choose to do is at all related to personality types.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I loooooove working out:
winter_coat_2009.jpg

It's fun! :pumpyouup:

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Right now I'm on a mon-wed-fri rotation.

They are short workouts with heavier weights, but explosive.

I cannot stand cardio. I get so bored and feel silly after a while.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I run at the beach with my dogs every day, but it's been storming for the past 4 days, so I haven't done anything and I'm a sad banana.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Winter 3 times a week. Spring-Summer-early autumn 5 times a week (cycling). 'round 5 hours a week during the winter, 'round 20-25 during the summer. In winter I do weights, dancing, running. I hate weights actually, but they make me feel good (horny).

I also don't really love working out inside.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Used to be 5 +, but now a days my business means it's about 2 a week. It's a good habit, but if I have limited time for myself, there are other things I'd rather do.

Now, if you consider that attending college requires me to walk 36 miles a week carrying a heavy bag of books, and you call that working out, then I guess you could say I do it seven days a week.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Used to be 5 +, but now a days my business means it's about 2 a week. It's a good habit, but if I have limited time for myself, there are other things I'd rather do.

Now, if you consider that attending college requires me to walk 36 miles a week carrying a heavy bag of books, and you call that working out, then I guess you could say I do it seven days a week.

36? That's a fucking huge number :shock:

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Three days a week, about an hour at a time.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
36? That's a fucking huge number :shock:

Even I thought that didn't sound right, and it turns it's because it wasn't right. I way over-estimated. :blush:

I walk 21.5 miles a week this semester.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Ah, okay, it's more manageable, but still quite big!

une_autre

MBTI Type
ESTP
I highly doubt it's a type thing. I am an ESTP and I am supposed to be all active and bla bla.
Truth is, I completely qualify for the first answer. Obviously, being endowed with a relatively attractive physique and easiness to maintain an ideal weight, there has been no real motivation for me to work out.
That combined with the fact that I naturally suck at sports, whatever they may be.

However, I decided to start jogging, because I am annoyed by how little resistance I have. So I am going to take advantage of my beautiful surroundings and take a first step towards a healthier lifestyle.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
why isn't there an option "less often than I know that I should?" :unsure:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
At the moment: Play basketball one night, indoor soccer sunday afternoon, skate one night a week, ice hockey one night, probably some other random sport during the week, go for runs on some nights when I do nothing because I'm trying to get more fit.

The playing 3 sports (normally only one at a serious level) has been a normal trend and I've always seemed to do it. I've never had a gym membership though. Organised working out never appealed.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Happily lazy at the moment here.

At the moment: Play basketball one night, indoor soccer sunday afternoon, skate one night a week, ice hockey one night, probably some other random sport during the week, go for runs on some nights when I do nothing because I'm trying to get more fit.

Show off.

P

Phantonym

The word "work" does not compute in my brain. Everything I do for self-improvement is pure fun. So, I kind of have fun occasionally.