User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 21

  1. #11
    12 and a half weeks BerberElla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    somehow, this seems more apropos for you.........





    Repent. There is no hope for you.

    That actually made it easier to understand. Oh dear, there really is no hope for me.

    New book idea for someone, exercise explained sexually.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

    DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

    Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

  2. #12
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,124

    Default

    my sis took up hiking and yoga to get her ass back after she lost so much weight that she bruised what little of it was left by sitting it worked, she has as much of an ass as a stick skinny girl can have!

    I'm personally glad that a nice sized ass is the trend, as the natural, genetic size for mine seems to hover around what is trendy
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  3. #13
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Berbsy,

    I second the recommendation of squats, as they do recruit the glutes significantly.

    I have a "bubble butt" because of squats, and so does Mrs. Halla, and she is 36 29.

    The other glute exercise, and overall leg exercise, bar none, is the lunge.

    Lunges with a barbell on a Smith machine is a great way to start and get the motion down without risking falling or other embarassment.

    If you don't have access to a gym, you can still do "walking lunges" simply by holding a dumbbell in each hand (5-10 pounds will do for starters) and walk out 25 steps, and then back 25 steps. Do that 4 times and your ass will be growing into bubble-hood in no time.

    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  4. #14
    Kraken down on piracy Lux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Having trouble visualising the second suggestion, am I still starting out almost in the same position as the climber one?
    You're probably having trouble because I said "skier" when I meant "skater" sorry. Here is a pic that may help.



    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

  5. #15
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    You're probably having trouble because I said "skier" when I meant "skater" sorry. Here is a pic that may help.



    Female speed skaters have righteous asses.

    Berbsy, if you do speed skating for a few years, not only will your hiney return to its glorious default state, but you will also be poised to join a roller derby team, and kick some serious arse.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  6. #16
    /X\(:: :: )/X\ BlueSprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    At 33 is it too late to look at exercise as way to keep your body looking nice?


    Shhhh!! You're scaring the 20-somethings. Especially me.

    I have blasphemed and now I am being punished, if my ass would only come back I promise never to sin that way again. *fingers crossed*
    Do daily squats as acts of contritition. Seek reconciliation with the Gym.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

    cataplum!

  7. #17
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    I'm sorry, every time I see this thread in the list I want to finish the title by saying "... with the spoon."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  8. #18
    Charting a course
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Female speed skaters have righteous asses.

    Berbsy, if you do speed skating for a few years, not only will your hiney return to its glorious default state, but you will also be poised to join a roller derby team, and kick some serious arse.

    That's because the movements are substantially similar to Lunges.

  9. #19
    12 and a half weeks BerberElla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    my sis took up hiking and yoga to get her ass back after she lost so much weight that she bruised what little of it was left by sitting it worked, she has as much of an ass as a stick skinny girl can have!

    I'm personally glad that a nice sized ass is the trend, as the natural, genetic size for mine seems to hover around what is trendy
    I think that's partly the case here, and not "just" my age, all this yo yo dieting appears to have an awful downside.



    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Berbsy,

    I second the recommendation of squats, as they do recruit the glutes significantly.

    I have a "bubble butt" because of squats, and so does Mrs. Halla, and she is 36 29.

    The other glute exercise, and overall leg exercise, bar none, is the lunge.

    Lunges with a barbell on a Smith machine is a great way to start and get the motion down without risking falling or other embarassment.

    If you don't have access to a gym, you can still do "walking lunges" simply by holding a dumbbell in each hand (5-10 pounds will do for starters) and walk out 25 steps, and then back 25 steps. Do that 4 times and your ass will be growing into bubble-hood in no time.

    Ok, this sounds doable, thanks Halla.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    You're probably having trouble because I said "skier" when I meant "skater" sorry. Here is a pic that may help.

    <snip>

    Lol this helps alot, now I have an idea about the movements you are recommending.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

    DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

    Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

  10. #20
    12 and a half weeks BerberElla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Female speed skaters have righteous asses.

    Berbsy, if you do speed skating for a few years, not only will your hiney return to its glorious default state, but you will also be poised to join a roller derby team, and kick some serious arse.
    Haha I wonder if they do speed skating or something similar near by, that looks like fun too.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSprout View Post


    Shhhh!! You're scaring the 20-somethings. Especially me.



    Do daily squats as acts of contritition. Seek reconciliation with the Gym.
    Never fear the truth, I ignored it, and my ass left me for neglect.

    I would do the gym thing again, I quit last time as I felt uncomfortable with the guys who obviously only go there to pick up women, hitting on me whilst I'm all sweaty and messy and wanting to be left alone lol.

    Maybe there is an all girls gym local.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'm sorry, every time I see this thread in the list I want to finish the title by saying "... with the spoon."
    Then our minds think somewhat the same, since it took all of my willpower not to title this thread with that ending too.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

    DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

    Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Similar Threads

  1. look at my ass.
    By Masokissed in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-02-2016, 07:37 PM
  2. get me off my ass!
    By miss fortune in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 11:08 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 06:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO