• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Crazy High-Calorie Burning Excercises -- Suggestions Please

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
NUTRITION:
-------------
Outside of all this, eat whole foods, cut your carbohydrate intake in half, don't eat sugar or soda or too much bread or pasta. Eat as much fruit and vegetables as you can and make the rest of your calories come from lean meats, organic dairy products, and whole grain breads/brown rice. Drink as much water per day as you can.

CONCLUSION:
--------------
If you train and eat like this for a month you will see a mjor difference in you physique and how you feel each day. If you do it for 6 months you'll look great on the beach this summer. If you do it for the rest of your life you will look decades younger than all your peers, and feel good too.

I don't know if Biaxident and I are part of a strange breed of human that identifies with weightlifting as we do, but anyone who tries fitness as a lifestyle and commits to it for a year or more will one day wake up with such inclinations...

Good info and its more about your body type that allowes you to have an easier time of it.

While the kind of exercise you recommend is helpful, as exercise is, it is also good to take into consideration that the male body builds a higher muscle mass than a female.

Notwithstanding the variation in shape women and men have plays a role in the effectiveness of diet and exercise. For instance the idea of body types is not new, in men the theory goes there is the android, thyroid and lymphatic body shapes and in women gynaeoid, android, thyroid and lymphatic body shapes based on the descriptions found here, there is also an interesting quiz with further descriptions.

It does parallel some with other ideas in regards to body types such as Ayurvedic body types as Vata, Pitta, and Kapha or the theory of somatypes as Mesomorph, Ectomorph and Endomorph as classified by William Sheldon. In each instance the message is the same, the right foods for your body type for effective exercise outcomes.

Besides intense training for one body type may not be as suitable or compatible with other body types. When training, train and diet based on your body type and physical capability rather than someone else's as it could disappoint you when your struggling or unable to replicate the same results.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good info and its more about your body type that allowes you to have an easier time of it.

While the kind of exercise you recommend is helpful, as exercise is, it is also good to take into consideration that the male body builds a higher muscle mass than a female. .

Yes! Due to our natural endogenous testosterone production.

Notwithstanding the variation in shape women and men have plays a role in the effectiveness of diet and exercise. For instance the idea of body types is not new, in men the theory goes there is the android, thyroid and lymphatic body shapes and in women gynaeoid, android, thyroid and lymphatic body shapes based on the descriptions found here, there is also an interesting quiz with further descriptions.

It does parallel some with other ideas in regards to body types such as Ayurvedic body types as Vata, Pitta, and Kapha or the theory of somatypes as Mesomorph, Ectomorph and Endomorph as classified by William Sheldon. In each instance the message is the same, the right foods for your body type for effective exercise outcomes.

I have not heard of the other body types other than ectomorph, mesomorph, and endomorph, will check that out, cool!

Besides intense training for one body type may not be as suitable or compatible with other body types. When training, train and diet based on your body type and physical capability rather than someone else's as it could disappoint you when your struggling or unable to replicate the same results.

I agree, but have to be one to assume that anyone, regardless of body type, would benefit from eating lots of fruits & veggies, and enough protein and starch to proivde EAAs and fuel for activity. I guess I'm saying eating natural, whole foods has less of a chance of bloating someone that eating frozen/fast foods as natural homecooked meals typically don't have the SALT or FAT of commercially prepared dishes.

Good info Bro, will read on my lunch break today! :)

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I agree, but have to be one to assume that anyone, regardless of body type, would benefit from eating lots of fruits & veggies, and enough protein and starch to proivde EAAs and fuel for activity. I guess I'm saying eating natural, whole foods has less of a chance of bloating someone that eating frozen/fast foods as natural homecooked meals typically don't have the SALT or FAT of commercially prepared dishes.

Good info Bro, will read on my lunch break today! :)

Yes I am in agreement with you, eating natural foods as much as possible is the way to go.

The link is just light reading to let others know that body type matters when exercising and to adjust diet accordingly.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Yes I am in agreement with you, eating natural foods as much as possible is the way to go.

The link is just light reading to let others know that body type matters when exercising and to adjust diet accordingly.

I've always held the belief that you should experiment with different exercises, intensities, and strategies to discover what works best for you. And take any popular opinions with a grain or twelve of salt. :)

wolfy

awsm
I've always held the belief that you should experiment with different exercises, intensities, and strategies to discover what works best for you. And take any popular opinions with a grain or twelve of salt. :)

That's great advice. There is no magic in any particular system. Nothing works forever. There are some fundamental principles that are vitally important to learn and that do not change but as far as exercises, intensities, and strategies go like they say variety is the spice of life.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

+1!!! Never do the same workout twice! Eat well and varied depending on your goals!!!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

At my gym, they ask you to consult with your 'personal trainer' again after 25 sessions - meaning they change your workout routine every 1-2 months or so (depending on how often you work out). No one should go with the same routine all the time; indeed, I vary it more often than that, interjecting different kinds of cardio before weight training and stuff....Seems to work! :D

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I have to get back in the saddle and start working out again. A local yoga studio advertises that 1 1/2 hours of yoga burns 800 calories but uh, I don't think so otherwise I'd do it.. I love Bikram yoga but I afear for my skin at the studios around here.

My weight loss experience taught me that I do better with very active exercises where I sweat a lot and you know feel like I'm doing some old-fashioned working out, regardless of how many calories are burned. Like dance aerobics. During the summer my teacher was a female hip-hop dancer and we did A LOT of booty shaking. I think it was awkward for the men in the class. Hahahaha.

So any suggestions on crazy high calorie burning exercises? Someone else mentioned HIIT (high intensity interval training?) but I would like to do something not involving a gym... Unless it's a really posh gym with towel service and personal tvs, I can't stand being in a gym for more than 5 minutes.

Thanks!

I could never get into an aerobic, kickboxing, yoga, or dance class... (hate to dance w/a fiery passion.. have no coordination so the rest are out too). Gyms always grossed me out. I've used home gym equpiment before and had success with that. It's in my own home, constanctly accessible, I can blast whatever from the stereo, and make my own schedule (like working out at 3am). Just an elliptical and some small weights, combined with push-ups and crunches. It's been awhile, so I can't recall what amt of time I gave to each. I mainly did it to build/maintain muscle definition, not lose weight.

Even with equipment, though, I got bored. Do you like to bicycle at all?
I loved going on day-long bikerides a few times a week. I have a screwed up back, & had knee surgery in the past, and this activity never bothered it. Combine with some stretching, pushups and crunches beforehand, and it's a fairly decent workout, and you don't feel like you're running on a hamster wheel.

Also drink tons of water, and eat several nutrient-dense, but low fat/calorie meals throughout the day. 3 huge meals a day make me lethargic.
Take a multivitamin at the very least, as well.

Best of luck.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I could never get into an aerobic, kickboxing, yoga, or dance class... (hate to dance w/a fiery passion.. have no coordination so the rest are out too).

Which is why you'll never see me in Jazzercise. I prefer Kyokushin kaikan karate. Traditional aerobics give me chills.

I would probably look like a drunk rhino on roller-skates. With karate I look like a rhino who actually knows how to skate.
:)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Which is why you'll never see me in Jazzercise. I prefer Kyokushin kaikan karate. Traditional aerobics give me chills.

I would probably look like a drunk rhino on roller-skates. With karate I look like a rhino who actually knows how to skate.

I can see this.

rhino_on_skates_small.jpg

Classy. :yes:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Wait...

Where did you get those pictures of me from? I though I had retrieved and burned all the photos and negatives.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
HIIT and weights are good because they kick up your metabolism without having to spend ungodly long times on a machine. You don't need to visit a gym for HIIT or weights, but having some space helps.

From there it's simple calories in vs. calories out.

uberrogo

MBTI Type
istj
I think jumping rope burns alot of calories as does Ultimate Fighting and the training leading up to Ultimate Fighting.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
drinking caffeine before working out also helps burn more calories